Tuesday, 18 April 2017

Weekend

 We went to a fancy dress party. Our outfits had to begin with the letter B. I went as a birdwatching bush woman (even have twigs in my hair), Brent as a bush mechanic. It was terribly fun. My kinda party wearing gumboots!
Everyone dressed up. There was a Brit at the beach - wearing mismatching  checkered tee shirt and shorts, socks with sandals and a knotted handkerchief on his head. A botanist, bakers, butchers, builder, babies (really funny as drank their beer out of baby bottles). My favourite was a lady wearing a lovely dress coat with stars, but when questioned how did that relate to the letter B she unzipped the coat and was all dressed in black and said - Black hole. Very clever!


 I spent a little time changing the blog and Facebook. I kept putting off removing photos of Mack our mastiff (RIP). But finally did it. Louie is now one year old, his adoption day is coming up soon, and as you can see is a big help.

I'm still in a real minimalist stage.. so the blog has got quite a clean plain looking. I've a few more tweaks to do and some new things to try out. But honest the thought of sitting at the computer is just not where I am at. Sat too long studying I think.


Most of the weekend was spent deep cleaning our bedroom, I know people do Spring cleaning but I'm an Autumn cleaner. The thought of going into winter and the house not all clean, being cooped up with windows shut and cold... just makes me want to clean.

Come Spring I'm like, let me outside... hence why I do not spring clean.

My autumn/winter capsule wardrobe is all sorted, with summer and spring clothes packed away, I only need to buy some socks and thermal tops and want, but do not need, a new pair of boots. so on the lookout for some nice knee high chestnut coloured boots.


There is even an App you can get on your phone to help organise/plan your capsule wardrobe... I still prefer my paper version that I have laminated but I might get with it and try the App out. 


One of my naturopath tutors has been affected by the flooding in Edgecombe. The photos are horrific. They have lost everything. I've gone through some of my holistic healing books that I have spare and packaging them off to her.
Books are my weakness and the thought of losing them would be heart breaking. Anything with paper, wood or material are lost in floods due to they absorb moisture which provides an environment for mould spores. EKKK that would be quilts too. They are well insured but sad aye!

Hope you have a good week. I'll be back Friday in blog land. Daily I'm on Instagram which the same photo gets posted to Facebook.

Linking up to Weekends at Pumpkin Sunrise

11 comments:

  1. You and Brent look fabulous! Sound likes a great night out. I went to a fancy dress party once while away tramping, I hopped into my orange sleeping bag put a green swimming cap on that i had stitched some strips of green fabric too, and then I was a carrot!! I get your thoughts on spring cleaning.........I just do it whenever I get the chance, it might be spring, autumn, summer or winter! There sure has been some amazing weather, too much in some place and a good dosing in other places that needed it (drought stricken Canterbury).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love your carrot fancy dress PERFECT.

      Delete
  2. oh look at you two! too funny and just perfect! the black hole is so clever! those poor people who got flooded! just awful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine what it must be like re the flooding. I keep thinking of all the things dear to me that would be lost. I'm not over materialistic nor have knick knacks but books oh how sad.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love the look of the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris. I have a wordpress website that I am meant to be making for my holistic business... but the thought of learning it is doing my head in. I think I need to be shown more than read how to do that one..... but the gardening and autumn cleaning keep calling me rather than sitting at a computer.

      Delete
  4. Love the fancy dress and isn't Louie a handsome dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Brent thinks so too (re Louie that is). Louie and I have issues...... he likes to bark and bark and bark.... I think I have him sorted with training and then we are back to it....

      Delete
  5. twigs!!! you two are so cute :) what a fabulous weekend and I must say I like the changes you are doing to the blog. Sometimes it's fun to switch it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kare, wish I could center the title.. in too hard basket - garden keeps calling me

      Delete
  6. Leanne, I'm delighted to see the bonfires because coincidentally I've been preparing my autumn attunement (home ritual) and a 'bonfire' exercise will be part of it as a traditional cleansing ritual for autumn. I've been posting progress on my Facebook page www.facebook.com/JulietBattenBooks, and will also let you know about it through my newsletter.

    ReplyDelete

I