Monday, 6 March 2017

Cooking for Jeffrey

 Oh my, have I enjoyed reading this cookbook. We cannot eat many of the recipes, but I'm quite  good at adapting to suit our family's diet needs. But just to read the stories of Ina and Jeffrey is totally worth getting the book (my copy is from the library).
(I do not recommend using canola oil at all though (ok naturopath hat off)
 I made for tea a dish out of the cookbook, roasted radishes (page 92/93).  I've never ever cooked a radish before... can see I will be doing so more often. In Fact they are also in tonight's roast vegetable medley.

Farm Stay Guests...
 Get that camera outta my face.... Coco seems to be saying.

 To date Omar has not jumped on my back... I'm pretty good at not turning my back on him, I must look like I am leaving the cattery as one leaves the queen.. that is one does not turn the back on the queen, but insteads walks backwards. (not that I have ever met the queen)

 Sterling doing a bit of measuring up before he goes out the cat door

 A pause to suck in the tummy before going fully through,

Sterling manages fine.... His mum says he is going on a D I E T ... which is terribly hard as lots of ladies in the street like to give him a little something...

"Nearly eleven o'clock," said Pooh happily. 
"You're just in time for a little smackerel of something."
Winnie the Pooh

2 comments:

  1. Haha that looks like poppy going through the cat door too. I have never cooked radishes before either, I hope they were tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to watch on tv cooking for Jeffery and loved the show. So can you please fill me in in canola oil as I use it in my home made goats milk soap?

    ReplyDelete

I