Sunday, 18 December 2016

Pure Pennsylvania Maple Syrup



Our family has been once again been so spoilt by Joyce of October Farm. Kiwi's you do not know what you are missing out on not ever having real Pure Maple syrup. Our family fight over it! It is something that all of our family members can eat (something terribly rare here with food allergies and intolerances). We make every single drop count and I will not mention names, but one family member is strict on the rations!. Thank you Joyce - I just wish you could have seen all of our faces!

Every year Joyce takes us blog readers on her car trip to visit the Maple Syrup farmers. OOh it brings us back to the stories we read of Laura Ingalls. We sure wish we had snow here so we could dribble some on the snow like they do in the story.

Tomorrow's breakfast will be millet porridge with home made almond milk and drizzled with maple syrup - I can't wait!


Farm Stay cats... 

I bet Molly and Bella's family are pleased to see the girls have made themselves at home. Bella took a day to settle, she kept giving me the Burmese "look"  but totally over that yesterday and  now settled and enjoying her holiday. I love seeing a cat with their tail up high.. a sure sign they are happy.

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, real Maple syrup is the way to go!!! I bought some home from Canada and we thoroughly enjoyed it!!! (And interesting to read the labels of what is available here too :-( !)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. reading labels is SCARY!!! Just had my very last assignment ever and that was on supplements.... don't get me started on supplement labels and companies that are actually owned by pharmaceuticals..Follow the money I say

      Delete
  2. How wonderful. What do you make your millet porridge from? I have been using Ceres Millet Cereal but have been unable to find any in the supermarket - yesterday I was in Bin Inn and was told that the packaged one isn't available and on checking I see it is out of stock on their website. I bought some ground millet from Bin Inn but it doesn't seem quite as good - what do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. umm we stock pile whenever we see it...

      Delete
  3. so glad you guys like your gift! there's nothing like real maple syrup! nothing else tastes like it. enjoy! and your garden looks wonderful. we've had our second ice storm today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we L O V E D the gift soo special and very much appreciated. We are still waiting for summer. Spring missed us all together

      Delete

I