Monday, 14 November 2016

Rattled

 We have had a day of lots of aftershocks... I'm not someone who takes earthquakes in her stride when the earth betrays and starts moving as if I'm on a boat in a bad storm..... One of my friends does not mind them at all.
Today was a stay at home day and I soothed the nerves with some knitting I'm just up to binding off and it will be finished! Rather chuffed with the shawl. Love Love Love how clear the pattern is. .

 Tonight is a Super Moon - I snapped this photo last night as the weather report was for cloudy weather tonight which it is. There are different theories if a Super Moon can contribute to earthquakes.... I do wonder as in the olden days the moon was a guide for man... here's what the news says...


In the Southern Hemisphere the November Full Moon is known as a Strawberry Moon as yes the strawberry season has begun - the first pickings of the season YUM


Farm Stay Guests and Farm Animals.
Brent checked on Pancho and the other cats this morning after the big shake by flashlight. All the cats are settled. Pancho gave me big snuggles and rolly polly before his dinner tonight which he had no hesitation eating. Stella the poodle does not like earthquakes and is one reason we did not get accepted for the police dog program as the last thing a policeman needs is a dog that is terrified of situations. Louie sleeps peacefully through them.


All the sheep and lambs are fine - but earthquakes do feel a lot worse being inside this old 1900 villa that shakes and rattles ever so noisily with each tremor. Not all animals cope with the earthquakes. A friends yearling got quite frightened and degloved half of head with broken bones in both side of nose.


 Two of the hens shared the nest - due to the shaking or because they both want the nest?

Here is hoping for a shake free night so we can get some sleep.

15 comments:

  1. Amen. I don't fancy evacuating in this heavy rain. No chance of seeing the super moon tonight. Hope you get some sleep my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was thinking of you in the night. Hope tonight is better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I'm the friend that doesn't mind earthquakes, this one really scared me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maree - is the one that doesn't mind them. I mind ALL of them

      Delete
  4. Praying for the safety of all of you down there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. me too and now the flooding... the worst spring ever.

      Delete
  6. It's an awful time for all of you...glad to hear you villa and animals are ok though....hope it stops shaking really soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can only imagine how the folks in the South Island must feel.

      Delete
  7. I am a firm believer that the moon does affect earthquakes with the gravity pull on the earth. I also don't mind earthquakes been in a big one in Japan 8.9 it must stem from living in Rotorua as they have a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your knitting is gorgeous and I hope all is well in your world and that you remain safe.

    ReplyDelete

I