Thursday, 17 November 2016

Bribery... knitting, earth quakes, tornado, naturopathy study and of course Farm Stay Guests.



I've given myself some timeout this week and done some knitting. I finished some projects (including shawl but forgot to get photos). I detest sewing up seams so I bribed Abbey to do it for me with the temptation she could have some of her Christmas gifts early or I would pay her cash.

 She chose the Christmas parcel as as soon as she saw the wrapping paper she knew it was yarn from Elm Tree Yarns.
 What a fab experience purchasing from Elm Tree Yarns. The owner was lovely! I got Abbey Mrs Tiggy Winkle in sparkle and toasted Marshmallows. I sure am looking forward to seeing what she designs with these.

Finished objects ready to go to a little boy. Just waiting for delivery of a colouring in book for his big sister. I always love giving the older children a little gift too.



Today was the first day back hitting the books. I had a good naturopath study day and nearly finished my research project.  My topic is: What are patients experiences as aspiration of holistic management of endometriosis in New Zealand? (here is a sample of what my research project is about)

As a naturopath student I believe a patient’s journey to wellness is building a collaborative health-care team — a group of orthodox and complementary practitioners who collaborate with each other and advocate for the patient to assist her with all aspects of healing. Due to a laparoscopy being the only way of definitively diagnosing endometriosis, data for this research will be collected from women who have been clinically diagnosed with endometriosis. My research is to determine if New Zealand woman who have been medically diagnosed with endometriosis have had any experience and aspirations to incorporate complementary natural alternatives for the management of their disease. Data collected will give an indication of treatments women have tried include a range of different healing modalities, such as clinical nutrition, herbal medicine, homeopathy, flower remedies, as well as lifestyle changes such as exercise, meditation, relaxation massages. The data collected will highlight patient’s knowledge and attitudes to incorporating holistic options to manage endometriosis in New Zealand.

Life here in New Zealand is still a tad rocky.... here is a little of what has been happening..


NZ today, 14th November 2016. Each dot = an earthquake - source 

We have had floods as previous blog posts.
We had a tornado go through at Waikanae  last night (not far from us). We felt the wind whip up, and this old house window's rattle and bang... made me jump thinking oh no not another earthquake.

Geonet has advised we are possibly in for more earthquakes.... click to read  (GREAT!)

Buildings in Wellington are damaged and causing a lot of concern. Workers are without work as their buildings are condemned - sent home with no pay (unless they have holiday pay they can use) with no prospect of work....

Farm Stay Guests. 


I'm pleased to say all the animals are coping really well with mother nature. They are all shut in and safe. Pancho possibly was not too thrilled with me, but I locked the cat flap so he could not go outside last night just to give me peace of mind he was all safe. Pleased I did when I heard about the tornado. Pancho is such a laid back dude, we keep to the routine as I feel animals (and kids) like structure. So as far as Pancho is concerned all is as normal and he is his relaxed self.

Joining Ginny and Frontier Dreams

6 comments:

  1. Continuing to pray for all of you down there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful yarn and projects. i sure wish i could knit like you two! hope things are settling down for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love all your knitting projects!!! Very very nice. I hope you all stay safe out there!!!
    Lilah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know about this yarn store. Lovely items you've purchased. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking about you ever since I heard about the earthquakes. I am sooooo glad you and your family are okay. :) Please take care! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea it was so bad in your part of the world - praying for you and your country!

    ReplyDelete

I