Wednesday, 13 July 2016

Plastics no more...

A friend rang and asked what yea doing....
 I shared how I had washed and rearranged pantry. Donating all of my tupperware to the sallies as our food is now kept in glass instead of plastic, to help with eradicating BPA from the home which can cause havoc in the endocrine system. 
She wanted to see a photo of the jars I am using so quickly snapped a photo of one shelf. 
I get my jars from Farmers or Briscoes when they are on sale. Farmers just had 50% off their jars a few weeks back. Here is one type I like.  and the 2 L jars I like too

 Left raw almonds, organic Turkish apricots, rolled oats, white quinoa, buckwheat groats

 Far right is the best jar for holding homemade almond milk which is then kept in fridge.

Our pantry staples is a lot different than three years ago before I began the naturopathy journey,

Farm Stay Guests.
 Pi with his tongue out just like his mum Laura does.
 Aww a lovely photo of Portia
 As for Bruno! I wish  I had the I pad and then I could have videoed him trashing the place. Bruno was having a good old scratch up on the wooden door frames.

Ollie zoned out in holiday mode totally relaxed having his daily wash.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. you are welcome. A shelf at a time. I still cannot believe I gave away all cake tins (plastic tupperware cake containers) We do not eat cake or biscuits any more. BUT I still will when out!

      Delete
  2. I have a mixture of both glass and plastic containers but always on the lookout for cheap glass. Love that photo of Ollie - what a character! Warm winter hugs from Julia xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love Ollie - he reminds us so much of his mum Caro

      Delete
  3. Your pantry looks super. It seems to look old worldly and somehow comforting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandma would not believe we do not have plain flour or self raising flour.

      Delete
  4. my sister is ridding herself of plastic, I am not as fast as her but I like the idea. Love the pantry peek :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read up on BPA. I put a link above in post....I won't buy tin food with it (tinned tomatoes especially are not good)

      Delete
  5. i am working towards being plastic free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!!! Ps your cooking is killing me. I can't look at the moment...

      Delete

I