Tuesday, 21 June 2016

Winter Solstice



 I'm not a winter type of person, but I am trying to embrace every season. We eat to the seasons so loving all the winter food. You will not find us eating a tomato at this time of year.
We got the second to last turkey in all of Kapiti yesterday (after visiting 5 shops). I left it a bit late - but so thankful we could have a turkey for tonight's Winter Solstice feast.
It was cloudy here for the Full Moon last night. Hope you saw her.
And too wet for a bonfire. Tonight we feast and celebrate the return of the sun. From now on the days will get lighter.

Farm Stay Guests...
 Pancho playing with his lizard


 Amber, Symba and Shilo are still camping outside in the log cabin (I didn't get a good photo of Shilo it was all blurred so didn't put it on). Amber and Symba were watching James & Louie playing in the top paddock.

Cosby and Ella got rather impatient - they wanted mince not photos.

It's been really mild here last few days and all the cats have been spending time outside (Pancho sits at the doorway and watches out)

8 comments:

  1. I love winter! So you and I should trade places and you could celebrate the summer time :) Lovely photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm with karen. you and i should do house swaps so you can have summer twice and i can have winter twice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here on the Kapiti Coast would not be cold enough for you - I think you would prefer the deep South of New Zealand more with cold and snow

      Delete
  3. Yup I'm the winter loving' loony! But I am feeling a bit ripped off, it's like winter has gone all PC or something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know down the main street of Waikanae the other day there were trees loosing their leaves and the trees next to them were in spring blossom. My poor lilac is rather confused.

      Delete
  4. P.S sounds like from the last two comments we could start a 'winter lovers club'!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SMILE I'd join cos you are all wonderful and would try hard not to grizzle about the cold. But with Joyce's food, Karen's knitting and book recommendations and your quilts, me I can dish out herbal and naturopath remedies for when we all get sick (or better still potions to build immunity so we don't get sick) we would all have a ball.

      Delete

I