Monday, 23 May 2016

Trip to Wellington


Oh My goodness! We had lunch at Loretta Cafe on Cuba Street. First class all the way. So much yummy food to choose from. I was frozen as Wellington was much much colder than when we left home at Kapiti. So I wanted something warm. I've been wheat free for months until this weekend when I caved. The best choice ever was their chicken, fennel an thyme pie. Oh man the pastry was full of butter. Makes me want to not give up wheat again... but my body says different. 
Abbey had the roast vegetable salad covered in tahini dressing.
 6/5 from us girls we could not fault anything.
Loretta does cater to so many different food needs. 
A must visit when you all go to Wellington.

My friends son is in his final year of New Zealand School of Dance and we went along to watch
their choreographic season 2016 - Scope. 

Farm Stay Guest.


Pancho has access to all of the runs as he is the only guest staying at the moment. We get lovely welcomes as we walk down to see him. Brent fed Pancho last night and said he got the bestest welcome.

8 comments:

  1. lovely post! I have a love/hate relationship with cheese. It doesn't really like me but I keep visiting it :) Oh well, live and learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pay back for wheat is dealing to me today. But it was soo tasty.

      Delete
  2. That lunch looks great. I love pastry, it does not love me as I know when I cave occasionally :) The roast vegetable salad sounds yummy. Love the look of your friend’s son’s performance. I love a live show. I wish him every success. Cute picture of Pancho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love a live performance. He is doing so well and I am sure will go far in the dance world. I'm so chuffed to follow his journey.

      Delete
  3. Yummy sounding lunch. Pancho, just gets more and more handsome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pancho is a dream we love having him stay.

      Delete
  4. I have only been to Lorettas once but you made me want to visit again. I did go to the Lido cafe (down near Gubbs shoes by the library) on Sat and had the sausages with potato and kale mash, with gravy and cranberries and it was the most delish meal I have had in ages, and good value at $17 with a large serving.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't imagine life without wheat...it's a staple food for me! Pancho is so cute..I love his big blue eyes. Fantastic dance clip - something I've always been interested in doing (but haven't had the time)

    ReplyDelete

I