Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Road Trip



I'll be quite on the blog as I'm off to my very last ever workshop for my naturopath diploma. 

Can you believe it, the end of the study is getting closer and closer.


It is about a 5 hour drive from Paraparaumu (you can just see us three towns up from Wellington) to New Plymouth. I'm taking a detour and will drive around the coast which is called the Surf highway 45


I'm really looking forward to this workshop - but I will be away for over two weeks. I've never been away from the family for that long before ever. I do know I'll be busy. The days are packed full with lectures and the evenings and weekend will be filled with assignments to complete so I won't have much time to get up to any mischief.

This workshop we all get allocated a client. Kind locals let us final year students practice on them. We have a tutor plus another student watching us - that will be a bit daunting.

Day one we are given a photo of the clients iris which we will study and from that we can begin to build a picture of the clients health by using iridology. However what we find in the iris may not be what the client is wanting to come and see me about. It is actually something I have really appreciated and enjoyed is that we are taught to help the presenting complaint ie what the client actually came to see us about - NOT what we think the client needs.

The eyes give a good indication persons health including areas of weakness. It is all terribly interesting,

I'll try and write a few blog posts while I am away and pop some photos up on Instagram - probably on LeanneMorris_Naturopath rather than on CottageTails. (I'm still learning and playing on Instagram). I've two accounts as I don't think people who are interested in naturopathy are probably terribly interested in cats or quilts and visa versa. So I keep Cottage Tails as my personal hobby account. While trying to keep the naturopath feed health related,

If you are on Instagram let me know - it is my much prefered Social Media option.

I've closed the Farm Stay for Cats while I am away it will reopen Monday 18th April.

6 comments:

  1. have a great adventure leanne! i bet your family will miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your study and enjoy the trip Leanne. I hope we continue to get this settled weather.

    Julie and Poppy Q
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun and enjoy your study. I'd love to see some photos of New Plymouth - that's the one part of the country I've never been to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time! We will miss you. :) Kit

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the course is going well.We dropped by recommended by a kiwi blogger and are so pleased to see you studying and busy.

    ReplyDelete

I