Friday, 25 March 2016

Protest voter

Kiwis have voted to retain the current flag.

A lot of people I had spoken to also used their vote for the change of the flag as a protest vote. I didn't waste my time on voting the first time which was all about choosing the design of a new flag. 
I was one of the 2,124,507 that did vote in the second round (67.3% of kiwis) which was voting to keep the existing flag or change the flag.
The referendum in my opinion turned more into politics rather than actually voting for a flag change,
What a total waste of New Zealand's money. $26 million dollars that is.





Before you yawn at another #flagchange story...We've got Guy Williams for Prime Minister & Gary McCormick going head to head to debate to try & convince you of their choices...MORE FM Si & Gary #storynz
Posted by Story on Thursday, March 3, 2016

4 comments:

  1. I agree - a complete waste of money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I note the news article re the flag has been pushed down on Stuff. I find it interesting that Stuff often seems to "hide" certain news items.... conspiracy? reporters being told what to report? I often wonder....

    ReplyDelete
  3. True = I think there are more important things we should be having discussions about. That said, I am sure that in some time in the future the flag will get changed to more represent our identity, maybe when the queen dies or 20 years in the future when there will be no old soldiers.

    Have a nice weekend.
    Julie and Poppy Q

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I actually didn't mind the new flag - it was more about the politics behind the change.

      Delete

I