Wednesday, 30 December 2015

Kea


For my birthday Brent took me for a walk around Nga Manu Nature Reserve. It was quite special as it's been 15 years since Brent has been able to have the day off work and spend it with me.
My gift is a trip away later in the year. - So exciting!


The kea bird is one of my favourites - they are quite the characters! And one of the birds that do not visit our home. We are quite spoilt for native birds that now live at our place from all the native planting Brent has done.




I didn't get a good photo of their underside of the wings.

Photo source I wanted to show you how beautiful their wings are.
Photo source of Kea in flight.



A family night out to the movies to see Suffragette 4/5 movie well worth going to!

Kate Sheppard, New Zealand's suffragist leader. She appears on our $10.00 bill, a daily reminder of one of Sheppard's famous quote "all that separates, whether race, class, creed or sex, is inhuman, and must be overcome"

New Zealand Women were the first in the world to get to vote in 1893.

Do let me know how you are finding Instagram & Facebook posts. Is it working for you?

7 comments:

  1. Birthday wishes!!! Love your Kea photos - a great way to spend your day. Glad you enjoyed the movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday! what a beautiful bird! i really want to see this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! What great photo's of the Kea, lovely colours. The movie looks very good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That kea is just gorgeous. Sorry I don't do fb, instagram, twitter-----none of those things.

    Happy Birthday. December birthdays are hard to do especially so close to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! Thanks for the wonderful pics. What a beautiful bird xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Gorgeous bird. Have a very Happy New Year. :) Kit

    ReplyDelete

I