Saturday, 24 October 2015

Gosh a week has flowen by


The lily of the valley flowers are all out.

 The lilac is starting to bloom. (My favourite flower ever)


Irises are blooming by the Bush Bath. We have had plenty of rain after I sprinkled white cosmos and white borage seed so fingers crossed they will be popping up today. Come summer the moon garden will be really looking wonderful. I've some clary sage to pop in this weekend as well as white gypsophila which I've never been able to grow before.


Susan Branch's new book The Fairy Tale Girl arrived and made me only have 5 hours sleep two nights in a row. A lovely peek into Susan's life - 5/5. Abbey is reading it now and also enjoying it and then I am lending it to a friend. To the friend that rings me and says "wanna wag" (she knows I am buried deep in study at the moment) I umm and arr and she said be ready in 20 minutes.


Next thing I know I'm whisked away from my study piles - yep this is what our dinning room table looks like. I am up to putting case studies together - all the pieces of the last 2 years study are starting to fall into place. Lots of referencing back to previous study notes and research is being done.  And a pillow to sit on - man I have never sat on my but for such long periods at a time (I have no natural padding on my butt mine all hangs out in the front). Us girls went to the garden/cafe for a cuppa and some humming bird cake - I had been sugar free for 1 whole week - my friend is such a bad influence on me (lets blame her for my non will power aye)

Farm Stay Guests.
 Welcome back Evie. She has been before and would not eat for me. Thank goodness her family brought  food Evie will eat and phew I can relax she is eating this time.

 She has the sweetest little meow and pops her head out of the igloo to meow meow at me.

We keep it all in the family here, Evie is the grandfurbaby of Ella's mum and dad. So to think they can watch the blog and see what their grandfurbaby Evie is doing.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely to see your spring flowers! Sugar free makes such a difference. I've been that way for the past year, and it's so good for my brain. It takes great discipline to study, and I admire the way you are getting on with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go you sugar free for a year! I am fine around home its just going out where it is social to eat. Friends already wonder what on earth we eat. It is amazing how the tastebuds change, It i taking discipline to study and many things I enjoy doing are not getting to all so I can keep up with the study pace.

      Delete
    2. Yes, going out is more of a challenge. Fortunately my family is not into sugar either, and the kids are growing up without it. Lucky them.

      Delete
  2. Gosh your flowers are so cheerful and pretty. What a special friend to whisk you away for a break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love spring flowers!!! Yes I have some really special friends lucky aye

      Delete
  3. Love your fspring flowers - good on your friend for getting you out for a break.

    Rain here today at last - the lawn is cracking up it has been so dry. It is lovely steady rain - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say it was wonderful to wag! We have had the wettest winter ever here with two large ponds in bottom paddock.

      Delete
  4. i can't wait to see your bush bath in bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh Lily of the Valley. That's one that's not happy here. Too warm I suspect.

    ReplyDelete

I