Sunday, 13 September 2015

Mystery solved

 Well here we had thought the old hens were too old to lay - but once again they have outsmarted us and a nest was found deep under the blackberry bushes. Now they are back to being locked up until after lunch to encourage them lay their eggs in their nesting boxes.





 We have had a lot of rain this winter. Never have the bottom paddocks had ponds so deep and for so long. The geese are making the most it.


 Are you sick of lamb photos yet?

Farm Stay Guests....


 Sienna shakes and bunts while I try and get her photo

 Beau licking his chops after his dinner.

Indi didn't even give me a chance to set up her room - she was straight into her cat nuts (which is limited until her issues get resolved), Indi prefers dry food over wet.

As for Ollie he is getting his coat rather dirty rolling around on the ground - his inner city living is totally disregarded when he is here.

10 comments:

  1. never sick of the Lamb photo's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK I just love lambing so I'll share more photos. Smile.

      Delete
  2. I never get tired of lamb pics. So lovely. Love the pile of eggs...LOL Kit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea and here I have been buying organic free range eggs at $9.00 per dozen thinking our girls were far too old to be laying. They fooled me again.

      Delete
  3. Lamb's are adorable and cute and innocent looking, I can never get enough of seeing them! (love the kitties too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could remember how to put videos on the blog - Lambs playing I can watch all day long

      Delete
  4. When the kids were little. It was their job t find the eggs. Our daughter said it was like Easter every day lol never sick of lambs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chickens are in shock. They are locked up now until after lunch to make sure they start laying eggs on their nesting boxes.

      Delete

I