Sunday, 21 June 2015

Stood up



About 8pm Friday night teenage boys arrived for a visit. Being the mothering sort, I was worried about them driving home. They had a 4WD vehicle and assured me they would be fine. They left here about 10.30pm. The next morning I found out they ended helping out putting cones in place and delivering sandbags to people whose homes were threatened by flooding - one of the boys even made it on the news. They had quite the adventure didn't they.

At 8.30 Saturday morning I was at the rendezvous waiting to meet a man delivering pet food. I normally go to his shop but he had said they do deliveries down my way so to save myself time I thought I'd try out the delivery option. I was stood up - for good reason the bridge was washed out from all the rain and he couldn't get through.

Farm Stay Guests....

WHAT no mince! Nope the meat couldn't get through so it was tinned food for dinner. Amber hoovered it up.

  Symba and Amber have swapped beds - Symba is now in the igloo and Amber has his chair. Symba came out to see me in the afternoon so now I know he is settled. Today the rain has stopped so the cats no doubt will enjoy being able to sit outside today.

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I hope there are alternative routes. Hope the rain stops now for You xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope the meat couldn't get through took until Monday before he could drive down

      Delete
  2. You sure are getting some rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having the same problem here, nonstop rain. It took out the bridge just past our place and then the road went under water where they have to detour. Rivers will be in flood stage but not nearly as bad as some areas. We will have more rain this week. We don't have a garden in, the ground is too soggy to work it and here it should have been planted for a month and a half. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow - but then I bet you are pleased you didn't plant your garden

      Delete
  4. Messy messy with the rain, hope it fines up and there are some other roads you can use. Did you get much damage or flooding at your place? I wonder how long that washout will take to fix?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No we were fine - pretty much out of any flood zone area and house and barn are on a hill

      Delete

I