Saturday, 20 June 2015

Slowly accepting...



I'm slowly accepting winter is nearly here, even though Meteorologists consider winter began in New Zealand on the  1st June - I hold off until Winter Solstice - the shortest day of the year, but not the coldest by no means. It has been cold and dark. Dark nights, stuck inside... I just don't get why people love winter....
There has been lots of knitting and watching tv at nights. Netflix has arrived in New Zealand and we signed up for a months free trial perfect timing for winter nights.

 Yesterday I had finished another huge assignment and gave myself permission to sit and knit by the fire watching season 3 of Orange is the New Black . What a fab show (have to shut eyes often and learn way more than I need to) But the writers and actors take me on a roller coaster ride of emotions. I'm looking forward to season 4 - Looks like there is a Martha Stewart character coming into the show. Hope they have the inmates knitting ponchos.  



We have our turkey ready and the bonfire pile is waiting to be lit to mark the turn of the wheel and celebrate Winter Solstice.

Farm Stay guests....

 Amber has accepted  she is here for a holiday. She has claimed the igloo to sleep in.


 Shiloh is more than at home and has claimed one of the chairs as her spot.

Amber thinking of changing beds....

 As for Symba he was a little more settled. I woke in the night worrying about the fella with all the heavy rain, as he had tucked himself up in the outdoor house at my last check in.  I need not of worried as in the morning I found him asleep inside tucked up under all the blankets and quilts on the other chair. I didn't make him have a photo. But he let me give him a pat and accepted being hand feed cat nuts in bed, so Symba is also slowly accepting he is back here again.

10 comments:

  1. and i just don't get why people like summer! go figure. isn't orange is the new black the best? i love it! i am so excited about solstice. not the countdown begins and the days will get shorter! woohoo! i went to the craft store today to buy stuff so i can start making fall decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I have begun count down for spring and watching the daffodils push up

      Delete
  2. Yup I'm a winter lovin' gal and proud of it! Your fire sure make for a cosy atmosphere. Hang in there summer gal, no doubt summer will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep the return of the sun begins on Monday whoop whoop

      Delete
  3. I love winter. The smell of wood smoke, the one nights full of cuddles. Although now the kids are gone I've only really got the cats to cuddle. Oh and hubby lol.
    Knitting and crocheting warming soups and crusty bread. Hot chocolates and fluffy slippers. What's not to love!
    But as the days grow I'll be outside as much as I can getting me some warming sunshine and fresh air

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I don;t eat wheat anymore I really miss bread with soup. Alternative breads to me just do not taste like bread. Don't drink hot chocolates either .. this naturopath stuff has initiated lots of changes. I'm working on my sleep quality at the moment - which winter might make me get more sleep since I can't get outside....

      Delete
  4. Happy winter solstice Leanne. With your love of crafting things, and a roaring fire like that, winter should be a pretty cosy time. You are certainly well prepared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep well prepared the boys provide lots of wood for the fires. Lots of stews, and slow cooking - easy nourishing meals to prepare too.

      Delete
  5. A Mastiff, cozy cats, cozy fires, and knitting. AND Orange is the New Black. I finished the latest series last night because I couldn't stop watching. I'd say that next season, "Martha" will be working her wiles and turning everyone against each other. I hate treachery....but since this is prison..... still don't like it. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I cn think of is RED - Martha better not mess with Red whi is one of my fav characters, so is Boo - oh I have so many fav characters.

      Delete

I