Friday, 5 June 2015

Kirkcaldies & Stains to close after 152 years.

I am not a shopper, but I do go to Kirkcaldies every time I am in Wellington and I do purchase from Kirks.
I usually buy Brent's work clothes from here - Rodd & Gunn - but last time I was in they signed me up for an on line account. An email sale of 30% off deal came in my in box and I brought on line instead. Times are changing of how we shop.

I will really miss Kirkcaldies & Stains brand.

Here's a link to the announcement of the closing,

6 comments:

  1. I saw it on the news last night - a real shame but David Jones is a lovely shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a shame. I've no knowledge of David Jones.

      Delete
    2. Its an Australian Shop...more expensive than most stores...
      Sad :-(

      Delete
    3. ha aussie - will just not be the same xxx Now you will never ever wanna come home with kirks gone

      Delete
  2. Not many business could say they have been operating for that long! Sadly more and more shops are closing, many quiltshops too which is a real pitty to loose one's local, still if we all support our 'locals' maybe they would stay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree but our locals need to keep up with what clients want and not to have the same items as their competitors. I feel for retailers but times are changing and with the internet consumers are a lot more on to it on what is available.

      Delete

I