Friday, 15 May 2015

Lots and lots of rain..


 There has been lots of flooding and slips which closed the main road into and out of Wellington.
Homes in our area were evacuated but we are fine being up on a rise.



 Some ponds formed in the paddocks meant the sheep hid under the pine trees for shelter and to keep their hooves dry. The geese paddled around in the ponds but I missed getting a photo as they got out each time to waddle up to fence in case I had some tit bits..

James and his friend plowed through the puddles in the jeep but it was dark and no video was taken but no doubt this weekend they will do it again.... and I'll have more washing to wash. Not that I mind. When the kids were little and ponds formed they put the blow up boat in the ponds and used my brooms to paddle.


 Our local walking area was flooded 

A slip closed the main road into and out of Wellington along the coast road.

8 comments:

  1. that's a lot of rain! we need rain so much and have gotten hardly any at all. it's going to be a loooong summer here it seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a dry summer too, I'm hoping we are not going to follow your cold winter.

      Delete
  2. I was wondering how you were affected Leanne. Pleased you didn't have to evacuate! Hope it's a drier day for you today. My daughter was one of the ones who spent hours getting home last night!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boys left early and only took 2.5 hours others it took over 4 hours. No rain at the moment,

      Delete
  3. So glad you are OK, our stream is raging this morning, and all those who had to stay the night in Wgn, hotels, motels all booked out, I did hear that some were accommodated in the Public Library. keep those gumboots handy today as more rain tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are on high ground, I did think of you when I watched the news last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friends partner was on the news they were flooded. We still have ponds in paddocks - geese are happy

      Delete

I