Thursday, 9 April 2015

Yarn Along



When life is busy and my head is full of study, I just want "nice" books to listen to on audio while I work in the garden, walk or knit. Not that much knitting has been done, I've made a mistake and keep putting it off to work our where, unpicking is not one of my favourite things to do.

I enjoyed both of these books, didn't see the ending to The Apothecary's Daughter and loved the last story in The Amish Miracle - the young girl kept goats and I learnt a few tips such as attaching a stick with duck tape behind a young goats horns which means they can't put their head through fences. Doing this to young goats helps train them to leave fences alone.... I tried to convince Brent in letting me get a little goat - but he said it wouldn't stop a goat jumping a fence. Maybe I'll get a new goat when I've finished studying......

 Molly was shocking at putting her head through fences and getting stuck.


Fences often got cut to get Molly's head unstuck..

Linking up to Yarn Along (I get a lot of good book recommendations from other bloggers over there)

6 comments:

  1. Great trick with the duct tape - wish we'd thought of that one years ago. Good you are able to switch off from your study with the audio books and gardening.... not too long to go now, really! Good luck with the knitting :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what a fab idea for goats.... I hope to be able to try it out real soon

      Delete
  2. i am all for a new little goat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh me too! I keep putting a goat and a rooster on my birthday, Christmas lists... Maybe I will try for Mother's Day

      Delete
  3. Read both of these books when i needed something "nice"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mind needs "nice" books after using up all the brain cells on study.. I think studying when younger must be much easier

      Delete

I