Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Project 333

On the 21st March 2011 I began my first Project 333. Which basically encouraged you to look at your wardrobe and choose 33 items to wear for 3 months.

The Basics from Be more with less
  • What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
  • What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring or other sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleep wear, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout)
  • How: Choose your 33 items, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of site.
  • What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. Remember that this is not a project in suffering. If your clothes don’t fit or are in poor condition, replace them
More blogs to check out to get your head around project 333
 (these may be old links but what I based my research on back in 2011)

Fast forward three  years, my life and day has changed from a home schooling mum to a student who attends seminars, courses and meets clients.

Above is a typical day - I need at home clothes and going out in clothes.
I run a hobby Farm Stay for cats so my home clothes need to be sturdy enough for getting down on the floor, both indoor and outdoors as I like to interact with the cats. I need clothes that can get pulls from claws and not worry about getting fur on. I also spend an awful amount of time in my garden.

For the other hours of my day I need a more tidy wardrobe and this is what I've based Project 333 on. I'm an apple on stick also known as the lollipop type figure so I tend to wear loose baggy, flowing layers. But as I am a fire personality I really don't like a lot of fuss and bother so tend to dress casual/dressy in clothing that is practical and comfortable. Oh and I really love colour, which is hard to find as most shops only offer fuller figure girls black.


 I find I suit warm autumn tones, so have been building up my wardrobe with these colours. I've got probably better examples on my Pinterest board.


Looking at my autumn/winter wardrobe I was short on shoes, I only have 1 pair of mules, Doc's, Black dress boots, black dress pumps, bronze dress pumps and now these new Fly London Boots which are soo comfortable. I got them from Superminx in Raumati (DANGEROUS SHOP)

My 33 items.
5 dresses (one I only wear as an under layer)
3 dust coats, taupe, black , purple
1 thicker dust coat
2 warm jackets (one not in photo)
1 cream pant
1 leggings
1 jean (needs replacing looking scruffy)
4 3/4 sleeved tops (green, purple, orange, rust)
1 long sleeved pale purple
3 Tunics
3 scarves
2 necklaces (want a new pewter/bronze colour)
2 handbags black and green (want a sand colour)
6 pairs shoes
Total 35 I can live with that as dress in many thin layers.


This faux wrap dress really suits my figure - I hope to find more of this style dress.










 I love the green ballet flaps, but not the best buy as they really are not a colour I tend to wear sadly.
I need more colours that will go under my colourful autumn coat too than just rust.

All I have to look for this season is a new brown top to go under the autumn coat, a pewter necklace (I suit long chunky ones), sand coloured handbag, new pair of jeans, another sand dust jacket as mine is getting old and another warm wrap.

I've got my eye in this one

Taking the time to mix n match the clothes and take photos to hang inside the wardrobe door also helps with the I've nothing to wear moments.

Do let me know if you have tried the project 333. I love it - keeps me focused on what I need or want to buy each season, gives me more room as I pack up summer and spring clothes which gives me more room in draws and wardrobe (we have very limited space living in a 1900 villa). Plus it keeps me on track being a minimalist. 


Yep that is my wardrobe space that I have to share with Brent.

We are going to build wardrobes into our bedroom (still will be small) when I've finished studying as I really don't think I'm in the head space to make choices and workmen. But I have spoken to German Kitchens who build beautiful wardrobes and they will build to our space plus take the wardrobe to the high ceilings so I can pack way seasonal clothes. Take a look at the wardrobes, they are out of this world...

6 comments:

  1. I love your style!! Your outfits look great! I have to wear scrubs at work, so that is my outfit 3 days of the week. When I'm home, I wear jeans and a top. It's still chilly here! When it's warmer, I usually wear capris and a top, but I tried on my capris a few weeks ago and I didn't like them on me at all. I look slimmer in my jeans! I have a lot of clothes, but mostly different colors of the same style top or fleece or sweater, etc. I've made myself a promise not to buy clothes until what I have is ragged and needs to be replaced because I have so much already. I haven't bought anything yet this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not being one who enjoys shopping and not having much wardrobe space has meant I am quite picky re clothes. I don;t need much, I am my most comfortable in my gardening clothes holes and all

      Delete
  2. Lovely style. All your outfits look great. Good idea to sort some outfits out. I have such a mishmash of all sorts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh sp are you going to try project 333?

      Delete
  3. Interesting Leanne, I've always thought it would be a good idea to go through my wardrobe and do this sort of thing - wouldn't know where to start though! I LOVE your new boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't the boots FUN! Do try the project 333 it really is freeing once done and now I live it.Take everything out of your wardrobe and then only pick out the clothes you love to wear, and the ones people tell you you look good in. Often these will be the clothes that have the colour that suits you and then off you go from there.

      Delete

I