Thursday, 30 April 2015

Continue on from yesterday re clothes...

I don't have an issue with holding onto old unwanted clothes mainly due to space.
But saying that I have a sheepskin jacket that I have not worn in years and is in my wardrobe.
Time for it to go no matter how many wonderful memories is sparks.


Living in a small home means little tricks of how to fold your clothes for your draws are wonderful.








"To truly cherish the things that are important to you, you must first discard those things that have outlived their purpose"
Marie Knodo

6 comments:

  1. Ah ha I can see you have been taken with Marie Kondo too! I love her book. I have just had a huge clear out of my craft stash. I realized after reading her book that the last time I had tidied this storage area was over three years ago. Since then the only thing I have used is my buttons. Why was I keeping all this stuff? So I said "thank you and goodbye"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fab that there is a verb now called "kondoed" I hope to do some more kondoing today and blessing others with my goodbye items too.

      Delete
  2. i live in jeans and t-shirts so i have very little need for clothes. i am barefoot for spring and summer and wear one pair of boots and shoes in winter. i am SO boring. but oh do i love to fold!!! i am a folding freak. i am a neat freak in general!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a neat freak - our house has the lived in look often... I gather ironing until Brent has no shirts to wear... but then I brought him some more so have two more days before I have to iron now LOL.

      Delete
  3. I read Marie's book and then spent a week spring cleaning every room, and it did help me say good bye to quite a few things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am amazed at how each time I autumn clean (prefer autumn over spring as in spring it is like let me outside) I am ready to part with more.

      Delete

I