Thursday, 19 March 2015

Yarn Along....


I really enjoyed The Worst Hard Time which is a historical story about the American Dust Bowl.
I listen to books on audio so I can multi task while doing chores, weeding in the garden and walking.
Joining the Wellington library as an out of town borrower is free (you just have to take in ID and proof of address with a rates bill, power bill etc and then you get access to their extensive library)


 Knitting is going slow... first time I've knitted in the round and used stitch markers - Abbey tells me you are not meant to knit in the stitch markers grin. Now no laughing!

  Tuesday night was the first fire of the season...

 Stella got the best spot 


 On her new cushion Abbey made her.


Abbey and I have been watching at lunchtime The Great British Sewing Bee. We have a Smart TV (which I don't even know how to turn on) Abbey jacked it up so we can watch it via You Tube on the telly.

 I am missing quilting with all the study I'm doing,,,, but only one more year of study to go, I've enrolled in my final year of Diploma of Naturopathy.  I'm still pinching myself that I'm doing this and that I have passed every paper except one so far (my ego didn't like that).

I hope today I finish redoing my 2000 plus word essay of how urine is formed. It's done my head in and I even thought of quitting. I suppose everyone feels like quitting at times..... Distance learning is hard at times especially with my style of learning being visual and kinesthetic and being more right brained than left brained. 

16 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of the audio book myself - I am a multi-task addict. I love my Smart TV - it's amazing what technology can do! Best of luck on you Naturopathy degree. That is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh mutli task girls just keep busy busy busy. I love audio books feels rather decadent having someone read me a story.

      Delete
  2. I saw that program a few years ago, from start to finish, they did so well, Smart TV, on my list to get one, such a bonus. Fires, we have the wood box filled, kindling ready, and maybe Saturday the first one of the season, the chimney sweep man is coming Friday, to make sure they are all clean and ready to go!!Wonderful man, he is going to clean all the gutters of leaves and debris too, as neither Hugh or I do ladder work now, wonder why???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean I couldn't tell you how a smart tv works. The kids can;t leave home because I can't work the telly. Jolly cold down here just lit the fire at lunch time. Your fire man is nice to do the gutters too while he is up there.

      Delete
  3. I Love the Great British Sewing Bee.....It has got me all inspired again with my sewing.

    Also LOVE LOVE LOVE the knit markers........have to get me some of them. ;-) hint hint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the Great British Sewing Bee has me all inspired too - I want to make a wrap dress Found some good patterns for pear shaped ladies but hard to get one for apple on sticks. have a look at sewaholic http://sewaholic.net/ But she sells them in Aussie and has free shipping in aussie.. http://www.sewsquirrel.com.au/. Did you laugh at me knitting in my stitch markers? Abbey just hit her fist on her forehead. Redriding hood does awesome stitch markers. https://www.facebook.com/RedRidingHoodYarns.

      Delete
    2. I have an awesome pattern for a wrap dress that is like an apron wrap dress....so you put it on like a poncho ad it ties front and back.....I will see if I can find the link......Oh and I am with Abbey.....sigh.....

      Delete
    3. but will it fit my body ties in front cut me in half I look better with long lines

      Delete
    4. you can tie it to the front underneath front panel and tie at the back over back panel.....

      Delete
  4. Oh that fire looks cozy but it seems so early!! Cute cushion - lucky Stella :-) Good to hear you are conquering your knitting in rounds - I haven't tried mine yet. I haven't heard of the Great British Sewing Bee - sounds like fun, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I'm excited to hunt out those stitch markers too! Ummm how are you going to remove yours?????

      Delete
    2. I know autumn is officially here on NZ Saturday 11.45am for the Autumn Equinox. We had a fire today too. The stitch markers are from yarnz http://www.yarnz.co.nz/. I just pulled them out and still keep knitting them in - obviously knitting is not my gift CRAZY

      Delete
  5. Is that a fire I see.............oh yyippie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the book sounds good! I'll look for it :) love seeing your pup enjoying the fire!

    ReplyDelete

I