Sunday, 8 March 2015

Holiday Shopping

 Going to the shops is one of my least favourite things in the world to do. Weird I know - girls are meant to like shopping but not me. I especially dislike malls, the loud music, artifical lights, too many people window shopping just is not my idea of leisure. While on holiday we did stop at two shops.
I really wanted to get a bucket of grow your own mushrooms from Parkvale Mushrooms but they had sold out.


 We did buy some of the large gourmet brown mushrooms to cook for tea.

The other shop we stopped off at was Kings Woodworking Company. I've been on the look out for a new wooden chopping block for ages.I'm very pleased with my new butcher block. It's actually quite thick - the photo doesn't do it justice. Best chopping block I've seen in a long time.


4 comments:

  1. What great purchases. I am a lady who does like to shop, but I would prefer to avoid busy loud malls too. I maybe venture into a Westfield once or twice a year, and preferably not in school holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen a mushroom store! My friend gave me a grow you own mushroom box, a small one, that I need to start. I have seen the larger kits on line but that's great if you can get it locally once they restock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hate to shop too! i am a cutting board junkie. i don't know what it is but i just love them. mushrooms too. toasted mushroom sandwiches are famous in our town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also hate shopping. I was looking at mushrooms kits the other day and thought of purchasing one but was wondering if I would use them enough. I can remember my mum scrubbing her wooden chopping block and then putting it out in the hot sun to sterilize it.

    ReplyDelete

I