Friday, 27 February 2015

Day one of our holiday


"All Whiskers" by Gary Tricker.
A whimsical take on the All Blacks. - Can you see the mouse on the ball?
This will be going soon into art galleries for purchase.
  Flagstaff Gallery and Moray Gallery usually are two galleries you can get Gary's work from. 

 The etchings are done on copper plates 

  I love how his art work is quirky - it usually has trains (Gary was brought up with trains as his dad worked on the trains) clocks and black cats. 



Toko and Tahi  are two cats we bred, they sure have life sussed living with Gary and are his models for many of his art works. I'm often asked if I miss breeding cats - yes and no. Yes for all the wonderful people we have met. But no as I really did not like moving on the old breeding stock - Burmese have such wonderful personalities and you get very attached to them. I doubt I will breed again.

 Toko was the inspiration for this etching
 Piwakawaka is currently available at Moray Gallery and Flagstaff Gallery .




Gary reads the blog and gave me permission to put the photos on the blog. Leave a comment to Gary below, I'm sure he will enjoy hearing from you. 


Brent and I enjoy catching up with Gary. We both love listening to his stories and getting a peek into his art studio. This visit the cats didn't come walk abouts instead they stayed asleep. But did wake up for pats and gave big purrs of contentment. 

9 comments:

  1. i love etchings and really like seeing gary's work done on cooper...how cool! does gary have a blog? i can't wait to see more of your trip! hi gary from the frozen mid atlantic in the states!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi no Gary doesn't have a blog - he is rather new to the internet and been learning with Senior net... who knows he might take up blogging. Joyce you would love Gary if you get to NZ I'll take you over to meet him.

      Delete
  2. I really like Gary's work, neat to see how he does it. Looks like a great start to your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His work is awesome aye. We are soo lucky to see inside his studio.

      Delete
  3. Awesome pictures and we can tell how much he loves his cats by the detail in his etchings. What a great start to your holiday!!!

    Julie and Poppy Q

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Gary loves cats I am sure he would love Poppy Q,

      Delete
  4. Looks like a nice day one of your getaway. Must be nice to see some of the cats you have breed. Gary......awesome work!! Love the All Black cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do love seeing the cats we have bred all growed up and being well looked after, It is fun seeing the parent and grandparent traits of the cats in their offspring. I laughed at the All Black cats too,

      Delete

I