Monday, 5 January 2015

Wort Moon

 The Full Moon in January (in the Southern Hemisphere) is known as the Wort Moon. 

Wort is an old Anglo Saxon name for herb.

 January is summer in New Zealand and is the main month for herbs to be harvested.


 One of my friends gave me these amazing garden gloves for when I prune roses. They are also going to come in mighty handy when I gather stinging nettle.


Red Clover is prolific at the moment


 Another friend gave me this little gathering bag. Perfect to pop in my pocket and go gathering on my walks. It is full of red clover.



Dandelion gathering is part of my day too.



But I more gather the young dandelion leaves to go into salads.


A lot of these photos have been used in the Lunar Cycle Cleanse.
 Today is the final sign up date.
For more information pop over here.

I'm once again overwhelmed by the amount of people who have signed up.
Your encouragement means a lot to me. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!


 I also share how to make Sun Tea


and Moon Tea too during the Lunar Cycle Cleanse.

1 comment:

  1. Love your gathering bag, and the red clover. Do you use it for tea? I'm off on another holiday on Wednesday - more time off line.

    ReplyDelete

I