Saturday, 24 January 2015

Library picks

 One good thing about a stay at home holiday is you are home when the library reserves arrive.
 I reserved Antique to Heirloom Jelly Roll Quilts as I swooned over these two quilts. Come winter I'd like to dig through my scraps and do some 2 1/2 inch cutting. I do soo love scrappy quilts and missed sewing since i've been studying.



I've decided on my 2015 craft project. I wanted just something simple, and mind numbing. Ive admired Little Cotton Rabbits crochet blanket. Not that I have crocheted since I was 15 or so.. surely I will remember how to do it again? The pattern is from the book 200 Crochet Blocks.


Picmonkey is a handy tool to see if all the wool will go together. The red I want as my base colour
I'm not sure - what do you think?

My Petite Kitchen Cookbook is from a New Zealand mum who also has children with allergies.
I plan to make the raw cauliflower tabouleh. It looks rather good I thought.

8 comments:

  1. I actually have the 200 crochet blocks book! I love it. Problem is there are so many things I want to make that I need another couple of pairs of arms and be able to function without any sleep to get them done lol I too am itching to get into my sewing again. Once it cools down a bit me thinks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. quilting is my first love... but I feel I need a little something to do with my hands which I can pick up and put down. Love the 200 crochet block book it is fun aye, BUT will I remember how to crochet,, challenge for 2015. Along with iridology learning which is doing my head in

      Delete
  2. The library is fabulous for inspiring books. Have fun with the scrappy quilts and the crochet, yes the tabouleh looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the library and they are awesome at buying my recommendations. I wish I had a women cave now so I could leave up my machine and play. The tabbouleh was YUM - not that I followed the recipe... Mine was pretty awesome.

      Delete
  3. i love tabouleh and this looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine turned out fab. I'll share my adaption this week. I never seem to be able to stick to a recipe.

      Delete
  4. After watching the trailer you posted the other day we went to see Paddington and thoroughly enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH I am soo pleased. It is rather good aye even for us big kids. The book the 100 year old man is hilarious - I'm loving listening to this. It is a movie I believe so will get that out when I finish listening to it. (PS I am way behind answering emails happens when one has an at home holiday) xx

      Delete

I