Thursday, 4 December 2014

Roast Chicken (nearly)


The mystery is solved.


 Brodie has been missing for quite some days.
The eggs poking out of the bonfire was a tell tale sign.....


She has made a new home for herself in the bonfire pile.

As it was dusk when Brent found her we have let her sleep the night in her special spot. Today I will move her back to the chicken coop where she will be locked in for three to five days so she can  get used to laying in the coop again,

I wonder how many eggs she has in the bonfire pile.

Lets have a competition of how many eggs are in the bonfire.

There will be a small prize for the winner (I will post internationally) Winner announced tomorrow morning.

Leave your answer below in comments or over on the Facebook page.

12 comments:

  1. Love the story and your photos. I'm guessing 11.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I've managed to catch up on some reading this morning, Leanne. Your photo series was great - and interesting :-) I'm guessing 12 eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll guess 8 but please take her out of there before you light the fire! haha...no roast brodie please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about five? Cute picture of her, cute post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh bless her, she thought it was a safe place to lay her eggs. I am going to be 'the odd egg' out here and go with 13.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How they do like to find another place, and for her, a safe, warm house, cosy, pine needles underneath.. I'll guess 3.This takes me back to my childhood, collecting eggs, the black hens seemed so large to a 10 year old, they filled the boxes, with their feathers overlapping eggs and feet. Panic as they pecked when I lifted them, ahh, those were good days. Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder what the bonfire will smell like????
    I guess 6.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yuck!!! LOL Especially if they are old. Will make an interesting bonfire on Summer Solstice, GIGGLE

      Delete
  8. I'm guessing 7 eggs. What was Brodie thinking? She could have ended up as a hen & been reincarnated as a dinner entree. It does look deceptively cozy in there. Maybe she would rather live & lay eggs in a tent than in the coop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My guess is a baker's dozen (13). Love the photo of Brodie.

    ReplyDelete

I