Wednesday, 17 December 2014

Orange is the new black


Sneak peek into what I am wearing to the Garden Party. I didn't need any new shoes I could of worn black - but these orange ones kept calling my name -  and Orange Is the New Black!

Total fun - some orange closed in shoes (in summer ahhh the things girls have to do) in fact I am not used to girl shoes. Being a stay at home mum for over 21 years one tends to forget how to wear girl shoes... I'm normally barefoot and fancy free - or wearing my gumboots ot fluffy slippers. I'm training my feet to wear shoes again while I sit and study.

My outfit is all sorted for the rather grand Garden Party at the Governor Generals (rather fun aye). I'm wearing a dress I already have, and as I don't want to be matchy matchy with orange shoes and orange handbag I'm just going to use a green handbag I already have too. I brought a new dust jacket to hide any wibbly wobbly parts which I got $100 off with a loyalty voucher from Jean Jones. And my orange shoes were 20% off. (I don't think I will ever stop being frugal, it becomes a way of living really). As for a hat or fascinator I've still yet to choose.


Orange symbolises energy, enthusiasm, creativity, zest for life and it is the colour of the sacral chakra where gut instincts stem from..People either love orange or detest it - Me I love orange and have many orange - rust pieces in my wardrobe.. For me the colour orange radiates warmth, happiness and must suit me as I often get compliments when I wear orange. (I often wear purple too at the same time as nature does too)


HAVE you seen the Tv show Orange is the New Black?



Oh it is terrible good. Very shocking at time and I have to shut my eyes until the extremely graphic rude parts are over. Sensitive folk like me who have a vivid imagination too don't need to :see: so much. But if you can shut your eyes through THOSE parts it is an extremely funny and frightening show. The producers take you on quite a roller coaster ride..
I personally don't think it is a family watch - more a girls only kinda show - one where you sit at lunch time and watch...oh the things us stay at home mums do...

Have you seen it? Crazy eyes is one of my favourite characters, and Boo I think her name is cracks me up. Do you watch it too? Do tell...

13 comments:

  1. How wonderful - I missed the post where you mentioned the Garden party. Love the colours in your outfit and shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan - yes terribly exciting, So if you see on the TV a girl in orange that will be me. xx

      Delete
  2. Snazzy combination. Those shoes, too groovy.! I love that you put photos of the pansies up. I have so many people in the quilting world tell me that orange and purple don't go together!!! What? They should look to nature.

    I hope the sign is about the TV show - not the garden party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes nature is a great inspiration aye. If you click the sign it will play the trailer for the tv show. It is VERY out there holds nothing back I have yto shut my eyes often but if you can look past that it has a great story line

      Delete
  3. Jim and I love "Orange is the New Black" ... totally over the top, but that's what we love about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is great aye. Who is your fav character?

      Delete
  4. i love your outfit. and pumpkins are orange! i LOVE orange is the new black and i have no trouble watching any part of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. giggle I have to shut my eyes often - just too much detail for me. I'm going to be dressed all bright for a summer garden party

      Delete
  5. Looking very fine indeed! Love colours together..............have a bucket load of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely Leanne, the outfit looks wonderful and summery. I wouldn't be able to walk in those shoes, so hope they are nice and comfortable.

    I LOVE orange is the new Black, and it makes me smile to watch it. Such powerful womens stories. I also love Shameless, the best drunk on tv, but the sex and violence on the show are pretty out there. I have only watched the US version, but oh my it is pretty out there. Just watched the sons of Anarchy final which made me cry. I had only watched about 10 episodes of the show, so am thinking about starting from the beginning of that one.

    Julie and Poppy Q

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie I have my doubts of my ability to walk in the shoes too,,, I'm wearing them in while studying but so use to barefeet so it is quite a shock to my feet.
      Thanks for tv reco we got light box so catching up on many shows we have never seen eg Doc Martin which is soo good. Suits is another and Vikings we enjoyed but 1st season was better then last.

      Delete
  7. Woot woot you are going to look so grand! Love those orange shoes PLUS the prange pansy!! (My neice makes a realistic Peacock fascinator if you are at all interested?!!!)

    ReplyDelete

I