Tuesday, 23 December 2014

In the garden....



 mmm not quite ready to harvest garlic yet, bulbs still need a bit more growing.



Yesterday I got in the garden - most folks that visit and drop off cats are kinda used to seeing me in my garden clothes, my comfy old rags. Gardening helps me unwind and is my distraction from a busy brain. The brain has been working overtime with pushing through assignments - I did want to get another one finished before the New Year -- but the garden is a calling me. I am having trouble keeping on top of the weeds with all the time studying. Weeds are not like dust which will wait. Weeds seed and that results in another seven years of weeding. So for me gardening wins over dusting

I've been singing away in the garden and to the cats too - with Bob.




Loved this from the movie St Vincent - Bill and Bob perfect 


May your hands always be busy 
May your feet always be swift
May you have a strong foundation 
When the winds of changes shift
May your heart always be joyful 
And may your song always be sung
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young 
May you stay forever young.

8 comments:

  1. i really need to see this movie! dylan is still touring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a concert person crowds send me buzzing - but we have been to a few of Bob's

      Delete
  2. I think Bill's plant is beyond reviving! Funny must go see that film!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me know if you liked it I thought it was wonderful laughed out loud and bawled my eyes out but I cry easy

      Delete
  3. The garden is looking great, I cant wait for winter to be over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh not too fast as then it will mean we have a shorter summer. But I will struggle with having to be indoor sitting on my butt studying - never feels so bad doing that in winter xx

      Delete
  4. Oh how I love seeing your garden. Tho I love my winter, seeing your plants make my heart quicken and my thoughts go to June. :) Kit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kit - I have to say I am learning to appreciate each season - normally I have not been one for winter as it means I am stuck inside but there is a shift a happening as I get older smile. Keep warm over there hope you got a white xmas. I know you would of celebrated well with your girls. Love Leanne

      Delete

I