Monday, 8 December 2014

Eight eggs.


Mystery solved I pulled out eight eggs this morning from her nest. 


  and there were four geese eggs  in Geraldine Goose's nest.
 No wonder Gus has been such a punk! In fact a real NASTY goose


Poor old Brodie came up to the chicken coop this morning to get some food. An awful caw fluffel was heard as the other two chickens were shooing her away. Hence Brodie is not locked up in the chicken coop. But I did fly down to the paddock in gumboots and dressing gown (as you do) to climb into the bonfire and retrieve the eggs,


I went down yesterday with plans to get Brodie off her nest. But that plan was stopped short as the sheep were in the paddock, especially Tup the ram (who by the way has a new home. He is being swapped with a friend for their Rodger Ram). It would not be wise to go into the paddock to collect eggs with a ram in there too. Especially as one needs to turn their back on the ram and be on hands and knees with butt in the air... it would be just too tempting for a ram don't you think?


hmmmm this little man ram is a handful he just screams mischief don't yea think?


 As for this sweetie wee girl we know she is staying here for another year especially with getting a new ram in to romance the girls.

Winners of the  how many eggs has Brodie got....

Both Joyce from October Farm and Su Maletzki picked 8 eggs. I know how to get hold of Joyce, but Su can you email me please with your address and a little something will be on your way to both of you.

BUT... as I haven't actually solved the problem aka got Brodie back in the pen - I suppose this is gonna happen all over again - 

8 comments:

  1. hmmmm.....why can't i do this with the lottery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. smile something will be on your way this week in time for the New Year and to Su who lives in the Netherlands

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad Brodie surfaced for some food, and gumboots and dressing-gown, I'm glad again that I'm not the only one to do that, however no-one is close enough here, or at your home, to see us out early in comfy attire!!!Well done to Jaz and Su..... Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, great site..........you running in your gumboots and dressing gown, as you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i do dream of going urban at times... but my behaviours might get me a few looks aye

      Delete
  4. Sounds like all sorts of carry ons happening at your place at the moment. Being chased by a ram is an experience I remember well from childhood and not one I care to repeat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes never turn your back on a ram not matter how tame. This place is CRAZY! I collected the eggs in the animal food tin, took a photo as is poop and all. Put the container out on boot box to pop in rubbish bin but got side tracked. Mack was left unsupervised obviously for a few seconds last night (he is such a naughty dog) and he had carted off the bucket with the old rotten eggs.... and left me a lovely mess to clean up.

      Delete

I