Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Another Day out


Oh my I could get used to going out and about... Yesterday we popped up to Kath Irvine's Edible Backyard Garden open day.




I went last year and really enjoyed seeing how her fruit trees have come away - looks like Kath is in for a bumper crop this year with lots of work preserving ahead of her. Her garlic  caused a tad bit of emerald green jealousy. Comparison is the death of  joy I know but, I just couldn't help compare garlic..... Kath tells me she gets more rain fall than we do. I've been a bit stingy on watering since we now have water meters.... so I better stop penny pinching and water my garlic..


The piggy was sound asleep grunting away 


 A friend told me all about Kath's composting loo - as girlfriends do.... Well I just had to visit the place for myself and yes the most beautiful composting loo ever and  No smell!


I just knew readers of the blog would want to have a look too so I took photos for you all
Abbey couldn't believe I took photos mothers are so embarrassing at times!

Were you surprized that I did?








I haven't sold Brent on having a composting toilet here.

Follow Kath on her facebook she is planning to have more open days in the New Year and she usually posts the open days there.


I refer often to her organic garden calendar which you can usually get from the organic shop.


8 comments:

  1. of course i wanted to see the poop pit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbey said she was surprized I did't take a photo down the pit.... LOL

      Delete
  2. I love your comment "comparison is the death of joy" So true. There will almost always be someone (somewhere) who can do things better than you but so what? If you are happy with your results that's enough. Comparison can give us ideas as to how to do things differently and maybe better which is all to the good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I borrowed the saying of "Comparison is the death of joy" from my good friend Mark Twain. Yes Kath shared how she built up her soil before she planted the garlic too, Us gardeners are always looking at ways one can get great results aye, Thanks for stopping by Vic.

      Delete
  3. I too love your statement "Comparison is the Death of JOY" I love that! We can all fall down that trap. I love the loo, I remember using one once on a school trip to Limestone island and it did not smell at all.
    Leanne, when the right opportunity arises may I use that wonderful saying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leeanne I can;t take the credit for the saying - it all goes to my friend Mark Twain so use away.
      I'v a another friend that has a composting loo and it too was surprizingly un smelly - way better than long drops and buckets.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for giving us a look, I've heard about these but have not seen one.

    ReplyDelete

I