Sunday, 26 October 2014

Very Handsome Fellow


Mack is going really well of late... At ten years plus he has well and truly beaten the odds.
Most Mastiffs reach seven years or just over.


He is one handsome fellow, even with most of his black muzzle now being grey


We took him down to the river for a stroll - He is still very alert and Brent has to watch him closely...  With Mack mischief is never far away.  Perhaps not a breed for most.
He is Brent's dog and can do no wrong in Brent's eyes. 


I'm a Mastiff too you know.


Mack is very tolerant of Stella... She adores him and they get on well together.


Stella says yay... I like mud. Do you like mud Mack?


These days the ole boy gets a bit ploddy on the way home... We have to be careful not to go too far.


However... There's always energy to flush out a Pukeko. Mack can sniff out a bird, rabbit, possum even a mouse and is lighting fast once he zeros on it.

Can you spy Stella in the photo? She likes to tag along too

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. He is in my bad books. An old dog he might be but still naughty! The chickens were not locked up by accident for the night. In the morning when Mack got let out with Brent, a chicken was scratching under the lemon tree and Mack got her - our poor old dear Angie

      Delete
    2. I don't recall that happening... It must have been the neighbours bull terrier... Dangerous things those - not like a Mastiff. Brent

      Delete
    3. Brent your dog is not in my good books at all!

      Delete
  2. He sure is handsome. You guys won't be the only ones to miss him when he goes, Stella will too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seems to forget he is meant to be old at times. He has been a handful of a dog at times.

      Delete
  3. My oldest son has two mastiffs Leanne, a boy & a girl - they are such beautiful dogs, I just adore his girl Mina. They sure are special. I remember him telling me that 7 was old for a mastiff. Mack sure is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally don;t want another Mastiff - Mack is a dog you have to really watch. As a puppy he chewed through my laundry walls,

      Delete
  4. The dogs look so happy out and about together. Stella obviously doesn't know she's a poodle! I have just started my 15 year old arthritic cat on Deer Velvet supplement. She seems a bit more perky. Have you tried that for Mack?
    Do you have any tips for bringing an adult cat into the household?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL no Stella doesn't think she is a little dog, or a poodle she hasn't a posh bone in her body. No haven't tried Deer Velvet thanks,I'd probably get Feliway and have it on a few days before the new cat comes .http://www.feliway.com/nz/Feliway. Bach remedies ca help if the cats have symptoms eg fear, agression

      Delete

I