Monday, 20 October 2014

Sunday Happenings.


Making turmeric ginger tea.

TURMERIC GINGER TEA
An anti-inflammatory tea to ease pain 

Ingredients
·         2 teaspoons fresh turmeric peeled and finely grated
·         1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
·         1 teaspoon pure raw honey, more or less to taste
·         Juice of half a lemon more or less to taste
·         boiling water
Instructions
Place turmeric and ginger into a 4 cup teapot.
Add near to boil boiling water
Cover and let steep for 10-15 minutes.
Place lemon juice and honey in a cup
Strain the turmeric ginger tea into your cup and stir.
Enjoy!
Note Turmeric stains hence don’t use plastic and you may wish to wear gloves to grate.


 bonnet of new truck being painted.

 James made up an exhaust using 2 1/2 inch stainless steel and practiced his tig welding for the new truck


I got a few hours in the garden. The garlic patch is weeded.

Farm Stay Guests


Pancho was very wary of the sheep when he first arrived. But now he spends his time watching them






mumma having a good old scratch

oooh that feels good.

6 comments:

  1. i can't wait to see the truck when it is finished. the boys must be having lots of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes great male bonding. I can't wait then I can get them to cart compost, new trees, firewood... and then make my bush bath. we always have too many projects on the go around here.

      Delete
  2. Looks like the blokes are having a ball! As is Mumma sheep having a good old scratch. I hope the tea helps Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cracks me up watching the sheep get inbetween the branches - their look of pure delight makes me wanna get down there and have a good old scratch too

      Delete
  3. Hi Leeanne
    Recipe sounds yummy. How do I acquire a turmerick plant? Can you buy it at a garden centre? Tea sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nz too cold to grow turmeric me thinks. I buy mine from the organic shop it is usually in the fridge with the veges. Real turmeric is soo much yummier than the spice stuff by far, But do watch as it stains I usually scrape it with my citrus peeler to grate it,

      Delete

I