Monday, 27 October 2014

Birthday Craft Baskets.

I can now share the craft baskets I made for a couple of my friends that turned 50


 Such fun tape measure houses. Pattern available from here, 


Flower pincushions which I thought wouldn't take me long to whip up were actually fiddly little things (for me). Pattern available from here


A friend showed me how to make the scissor keeper. I filled the basket up with new pins, scissors and some wool as both are knitters too.


 The girls now have new craft baskets - the basket was from my favourite New Zealand basket maker at The Willow Place in Otaki. Directions here - well worth popping into.


Of course I gave each of them one of Annabelle's cards. You can find  Annabelle's work here 
- "Reaching a certain age" card caused much fun.

17 comments:

  1. they are terrific gifts! i bet your friends loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, and hand made with love and care is always the best. in my thoughts. Jean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I think so too but it is easier to buy something and I did think that a few times while making them LOL

      Delete
  3. How how wonderful! What special presents for special friends. You have done a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leeanne, a few swear words were said a few times - so I cleared them when finished.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful baskets. I. Love one for my fifties I wonder who I can con to make me one. Might just have to make myself one I guess lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEP I aint making these fiddle things again. LOL

      Delete
  5. Very thoughtful and lovely gifts to make for your young friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol me being one of the young ones out of my friends means they are OLD - gosh 50 can't believe it,

      Delete
  6. Hello Leanne,

    What lovely baskets of gifts. Happy Birthday to the recipients.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both have had wonderful 50th celebrations.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful, thoughtful baskets of gifts, Leanne! Bet they went down a treat! Thanks for the links too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Cool I'll make you some new ones for your 100th xxxx

      Delete
  9. hmm I posted a comment but never showed. thank you so much. I thought they were bought ones so means so much more that you made them. I absolutely love mine and will cheriah them always. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I