Tuesday, 14 October 2014

A spring day out.











I had a lovely morning out visiting a friend who is moving and said I could have first dibs on her herbalist books. man she blessed me with a boot load of herb books. I have room for them too as since finishing homeschooling I moved on a lot of the books we used, which means the bookshelves are ready waiting for the next stage in life.
My eyes lit up when I met her peacock. I've been feeling our place needs something now with Molly goat and Rory rooster no longer here. Hence I got rather inspired and excited about Mr Peacock. My friend gave me a firm talking to that I do not want to get a peacock as they will wreck my garden. She made me promise that I listen to her. Oh to be sensible is so hard at times.
Bet you all love her bush bath too and the roadside verge of forget me nots.

Farm Stay Guests...

With all this rolly polly in the sun on the concrete stuff .... Pancho might look like a country boy by the time he goes home..... Especially when the birds flick seed out of their bird feeder onto the concrete.



9 comments:

  1. How lovely it would be to have a peacock. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut off his tail. Was just too excited to see him.

      Delete
  2. Oh the Peacock would be hard to say no to! Isn't he magnificent! As is Pancho, I am sure he is in love with me! He keeps giving me the 'eye'...........:-) Happy spring day to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a BEAUTIFUL sunny day down here. Gloomy today but the man has just delivered my 5 bales of pea straw so I itching to get in the garden... but study is first.

      Delete
  3. My grandmother had peacocks on their in town property growing up, it was a very large lot. My husband did some construction work for a woman with a peacock and has wanted once ever since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend made me PROMISE as she said they eat everything and very hard to keep out of the garden. Plus they come up to the house and leaving calling splashes (I won't like that). BUT if I knew they would stay in paddock I'd be getting one today.

      Delete
  4. How lovely! I am not sure I could get past their "call". To me me it sounds like a person yelling Help! :) Kit

    ReplyDelete

I