Thursday, 4 September 2014

Yarn Along


My Monet scarf is finished.


  well I've finished knitting it


  But it is not yet ready to wear.

  as I've all the tassells to um untangle and then knot.
 I wonder what my style of uneven length of breaking off the yarn says about my personality - I'm sure there must be a quiz about such to reveal all..


  Then it's going to be sitting and weaving in all the loose ends.





Perfect to sit and watch tv doing... we subscribed to Lightbox JUST so we can see Outlander...
 BUT now we need a new tv so we can all watch it at the same time. I do not like the idea of all of us sitting in front of own laptop/Ipad all watching something different. So until I get my act together and buy a new Tv (long over due - as we need to wack the sides to stop it having horizontal lines) I am waiting to watch any more Outlander episodes (I've seen 2 so far on my laptop but that just seems so unsocial and I can't talk about what happened with other members of the family as they haven't seen what I have and at times there is a lot to see so I have to shut my eyes.)

OOh did you see Susan Branch is taking us all to Scotland and she loves Outlander too. This is my kinda travelling!


  For now the Monet scarf  is rolled up and sitting on the top pile of to do list.


Which is terribly hard as my new yarn has arrived - Sweet Georgia Wisteria. Isn't it yummy!



Gosh one just has to fall in love with the wool with such a fun label.

 My new project will match my Monet scarf 

and



Yes I'm going to learn to knit socks and use four needles at a time (doesn't that sound just soo HARD)
Abbey is designing me a sock pattern for someone who has never knitted socks before

Books...

Diane Keaton's memoir I've just started listening to on audio - but do need to borrow it also from the library so I can see all the family photos. So far I am enjoying it - it seems a very honest account of her life and her family.


“Choosing the freedom to be uninteresting never quite worked for me.” 




Farm Stay Guests...

It's been beautiful and sunny - Ollie just loves finding the sun spots to sit in.


Linking up to Yarn Along.

20 comments:

  1. Leanne, LOVE the scarf; the colors are gorgeous. Nice work! The Outlander series plus Susan Branch's proposed journey to Scotland now have me getting caught up in things Scottish! Thanks for sharing the video clip. Always a treat to check in with you.

    Sharon in Alabama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you see the slight murmurs Susan Branch might take all her arm chair travellers to Ireland too one day.

      Delete
  2. That scarf! I LOVE IT!!! so very pretty and perfect to wear with your purple Docs or gumboots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea more likely gumboots. I DID wear stockings to go out to lunch the other day - ok they were warm tights more than stockings but I did wear a dress and looked all girlie for a change.

      Delete
  3. love your scarf and I love that you have it all finished!! How beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nearly finished just gotta tie all the threads - I'm trying to not let myself start the socks.

      Delete
  4. Leanne your scarf is stunning. Tony is a wiz at weaving loose ends in, too bad I can't zip him over to you.

    Our TV sounds like yours. We have an analog CRT TV operating on a digital receiver, the remote doesn't work on the TV so you have to physically turn it on like the old days and manually switch it to AV. should get around to getting a new one I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony sounds like a keeper! We really don;t watch much telly and further investigation of Outlander we will have to wait until 2015 to see more. so maybe no hurry for a new tv/ (I hate shopping)

      Delete
  5. The scarf is just gorgeous! The nice thing about it (other than the fact that it is beautiful) is that you could buy the yarn a bit at a time to space out the cost. You wouldn't have to get it all at the start so as to have the same dye lot.

    I love the color of the new yarn you have for your socks-to-be. Will Abby post the sock pattern on her new knitting blog or have it for sale on Ravelry? My plan is someday to learn how to knit socks. There are so many pattens out there many saying that they are easy for beginners but I haven't had time or enough gumption to try any of them. So I might just want to try Abby's version one of these days.

    I did just finish my first sweater, a Christmas present for my four-year old grand niece. Just have to learn how to block it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scarf is really brilliant for left over projects - but as I am not a big knitter I had no left overs so I could buy what I liked. Worked out a tad crazy expensive - but i got a lot of joy of mindless knitting done. I'm trying to make myself just stop a little each day.

      Yes Abbey is going to share her beginners socks

      Delete
  6. Love the scarf. Turned out beautifully. Looked at the pattern and wondered if you knit it in the round you won't need to sew in all those end. Only thing is would you cast on the same amount of stitches hummmmm could you tell me how long the scarf is? And if you would cut down th number of stitches if you were to knit it in the round. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once the tassells are sorted Abbey will block it for me - and then I'll measure the scarf. It is a good length I like a long scarf

      Delete
  7. Wow, your scarf is really stunning! So is your new yarn. I see beautiful lavender lilac colours everywhere.... I might have to go to the yarn shop myself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yarn shopping like quilt shopping is the BEST part me thinks

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous scarf!!!! Well done - and have fun with the socks too! And love them with your boots!!! A beginner sock pattern sounds wonderful :-) I wondered how we here in NZ could get to see Outlander.. did you enjoy what you have watched so far?.... although my internet may let me down, I've been having trouble watching my Craftsy classes lately :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enjoyed Outlander it seems very true to the books lightbox does seem to cut out a bit so you may have trouble too. BUT hay it is free for the first month so you can't loose. And if a telecom client you can get a coupon off spark web site for $7.50 lightbox fee for 6 months I think it is. But as we don;t watch much tv I doubt we will have light box for more than one month. Oh have you see Bow Wow http://www.bowwowbox.co.nz/ another sign up for 1 month free and you get a box of dog treats - I'm sure your pup would love it.

      Delete
  9. Your scarf looks great! The colors are fantastic! And the new yarn looks awesome too- keeping yourself busy, for sure! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I