Sunday, 21 September 2014

So much to look forward to



I sure am pleased today's weather is looking promising for Tulip Sunday. It is held every year at the Wellington Botanic Gardens. A day to celebrate spring and Dutch culture. In fact the Wellington City Council has some really neat events planned this week. I love seeing the tulip gardens every year.

I'm a head in my studies. My gifts I have been sewing are all finished. Lambing has ended for the year (another lamb was born yesterday),

I do have to get a few chores done before I head off on my trip next Sunday. Do you know my friend has given me firm instructions I'm not allowed to bring Kate the bottle fed lamb with me. That there is NO way she will have Kate the lamb in her bathroom.

As I don't travel I've booked myself my very own cabin with an en suit so if I need to be sick I can do it away from everyone else. I'm being terribly brave going all by myself. It's my friends 50th Birthday and I've only visited her place once in nearly 15 years since she moved to the South Island.

As I'm all a head with things I needed to do I do so hope to get into Wellington to some of this coming weeks events. I'd especially like to attend Flowers close-up with NZ photographer Simon Woolf and the murder and mayhem twilight walk through the cemetery and of course the talk on plants that poison, strangle and snare.

PLUS



A friend is taking me to WOW - World of Wearable Art. I'm very excited about this and seeing her son dance in the show

So many wonderful things to look forward to this coming week.

10 comments:

  1. have a great trip! too bad you can't take the lamb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly can't see why she said no lambs are to come with me.

      Delete
    2. Me neither LOL! Have a wonderful time away :o)

      Delete
  2. What an exciting few weeks for you, I really think Kate the lamb will be much happier on dry land lol enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard - Brent did ask me if I wanted to keep her as a pet. It did cross my mind many times

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your trip! Love your lamb. :) Kit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it (once I get on land)

      Delete
  4. I have been in taranaki visiting my granddaughter, so have missed some blog post.........off to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh lucky girl grandchildren must be just the best

      Delete

I