Sunday, 14 September 2014

I have a message for you

 My irises are making a flamboyant show


Once the irises have finished flowering they will be dug up to be replanted next year up the driveway. However the cherry trees have yet to flower so I am wondering what bulbs will be the best to plant to coincide with the cherry blossoms.
In a few years time our drive way in spring is going to look bloomen wonderful


Iris means rainbow and is the name of the Greek goddess of the rainbow and is symbolic of eloquence, hope, light, and power. In the language of flowers iris means "I have a message for you" or "With my compliments"

Movie..

The Monuments Men movie is based on a true story and loosely on the book The Monuments Men: Allied Heros, Nazi Thieves and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History,  by 


Doesn't Nala look pretty on her lilac blanket?


I had trouble getting any great photos, both cats just wanted to rub and be patted rather than tolerate paparazzi


Ollie watching the birds

Ollie he is soo funny - I've heaps of these shots on the camera. He likes to get his nose right into the camera.

6 comments:

  1. So much pretty colour in your garden! Iris' are my favourite flower of all, although the bearded variety are my real favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL about Ollie! Nala is very pretty, love her lilac blankie. I'm enjoying the kowhai flowers up her..and the tuis. Just beautiful...yay for spring

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are watching the leaves drop off the trees and you are watching new growth. I love that :) Your spring is looking mighty pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaay for spring! Your boomin photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Irises Leanne & their message. You know, I can't think of a single bulb that will definitely synchronise with the later flowering cherries..I'll have to be observant this spring & figure that one out! Although, there is a pretty kind of fine gladioli that comes in various pinks & white that definitely flowers in October.
    Thanks for mentioning The Monuments Men..I showed Rob the preview..thinking we might get it out quite soon.
    Have a lovely week. Much love Catherine x0x0x

    ReplyDelete

I