Thursday, 21 August 2014

Yarn Along


For exciting secrets, I'm not best known for keeping them, as I just want to blurt them out!
But I have kept an enormous, thrilling surprise.

Abbey has become a designer.

She has taken her first scary step and published a pattern.



The sock pattern is called "Dancetty" which means the zigzag pattern that adds decoration and divides panels on coat of arms..Pop on over to Abbey Morris Designs blog to read more about her very first pattern.
Plus you can buy her pattern from her blog.



She is also on Ravelry and over there you will see other people who have knitted her design.

Here's one, 
and look another. 

Ravelry is such a fun website. You can purchase Abbey's pattern and it downloads as a PDF but the awesome thing about buying through Ravelry is that the pattern gets stored in your Ravelry library, so you can never lose the pattern. It's a virtual bookshelf.


Abbey has started a facebook page - pop on over "like" her page and "share"

Abbey had a goal to publish a pattern before her 21st birthday - and she just snuck it in.

 Today is her 21st.

If you feel inclined,  purchase her pattern - both of us would love to see as many Dancety socks knitted in the world.

Wouldn't that make a memorable 21st birthday!

Books....



Both Abbey and I are fans of Downton - we are loving this book. It is rather fitting to share in this weeks Yarn Along as the wool used in Dancety socks is from Red Riding Hood Yarns - Fleur  Downton Abbey "Upstairs"



Linking to Yarn Along.

30 comments:

  1. happy birthday!!! and congrats on publishing a pattern, well done! Looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, she has many more patterns to come - some are with he amazing folk who are testers for her.now.

      Delete
  2. happy birthday abbey!!! congrats on publishing a pattern! great looking socks. i wish i could knit some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birthday wishes Abbey, a 21st, memorable occasion, a published pattern, and more to come, Enjoy your day.XXX Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy 21st Abbey! Congratulations on publishing your first pattern - the socks look lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think the model had anything to do with the look? SMILE

      Delete
  5. Happy 21st Birthday! What a great accomplishment. I'm sure you will have many more patterns coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thanks Abbey has more patterns due out soon.

      Delete
  6. Happy big 21 Abbey! Congratulations on launching your design business. How any one ever writes a knitting pattern I don't know.

    Happy happy for you

    Hugs

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda Abbey is a maths girl which is very helpful with knitting.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful socks! Congrats on publishing your pattern.
    happy Knitting:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Abbey. Beautiful socks. As a beginner knitter I can't imagine ever being good enough to have a go at socks. But if I do, with some simple ones behind me those will be ones that I will try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vic I've never knitted socks either. Abbey is writing a pattern for beginners and I will knit a pair - my wool is on it's way to me so once I get it I will become a sock knitter - I'm warned they are addictive.

      Delete
  9. I do so wish I could knit, those socks are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbey is writing a pattern for beginners and I will knit a pair - my wool is on it's way to me so once I get it I will become a sock knitter - I'm warned they are addictive. You might light to learn too

      Delete
  10. Happy birthday Abbey! And congratulations! I am so so delighted for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rose - she really is blooming where she is planted aye

      Delete
  11. Happy birthday Abbey you must be very thrilled with what you have accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we all are . As my good friend Les Brown says "You don't have to be great to get started but you have to get started to be great".

      Delete
  12. You must be so proud and excited for Abbey, Leanne. I just popped over and left a message for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy happy days! Congratulations Abbey! Love the socksxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they awesome - and what about those legs???

      Delete
  14. Sock knitting scares me, its the 4 pin business lol. I have the same Downton Abbey book, I can't wait for it to start again this Autumn. Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea another Downton Abbey fan whoop whoop - I like Mrs Patmore

      Delete
  15. Lovely socks. Gorgeous colour!
    Congratulations Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, keep an eye out as she has more patterns coming soon.

      Delete

I