Monday, 4 August 2014

Hints of spring



Taking Mack up to check on any lambs needs constant supervision. He seems to forget his old back legs can be sore and wobbly when he can see stock. "Hmmm....I wonder if anyone would notice if I got my jaws around a sheep" thinks Mack


Stella is no trouble around stock she just wants to play.


Thank goodness for the blog I had not written down due dates of lambs - so a quick look back on blog and I found the date -  28th August.


First kowhai - Dragon's Gold  in flower. In a few years our driveway is going to look stunning - Brent has planted kowhia trees next to the flowering cherry trees.


YES first daffodil of the season.

10 comments:

  1. daffodils? arghhhh.....not for me!!! something tells me teddy would like to see some stock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh we have blossoms just wanting to burst. Teddy and Mack couldn't be friends, they would get into too much trouble..

      Delete
  2. Mack, I think it would be OK, if you just sucked one and spat it out again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come February when the lambs go in pot he will get his little taste.

      Delete
  3. There really is something special about the first daffodil or anything that marks the changing of a season. And Stella could give lessons to my dogs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ADORE SPRING - something wonderful about opening the windows and letting the clean air inside again

      Delete
  4. Isn't Mack a handsome ole devil!
    Gosh your Kowhai is flowering? No sign of ours yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mack laps up all the attentions the ladies give him. It is an early flowering one - Brent is hoping we will have Kowhai flowering nearly 6 months of the year. We will get the tui's to live here yet

      Delete
  5. Wow your kowhai is early, ours don't flower till September. I imagine a driveway of them would be gorgeous! I thank myself for my blog at times too when I'm trying to remember something- a great modern day diary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor old Mac, he looks like he's trying to get those back legs arranged. He's a gorgeous boy, pats from Aunty Rose.

    ReplyDelete

I