Sunday, 20 July 2014

Time in the Garden


 I was working in the large vege garden....  I locked up the dogs and let Gus, Geraldine, the chickens and the cats out to help. Isn't Gus a handsome bird.


Lots of newspaper and pea straw was layered on the garden to keep it tucked up until spring planting.
Worms just adore newspaper and it seems to bring them for miles - good thing!
Thats pink nose the sheep who is worming her way into my heart - I'm trying ever so hard not to get attached to her as it will end in tears - I know the sheep are raised for the pot. I really do know this but...she is rather nice.

 Gus and Geraldine were great helpers stomping the pea straw into place.

 Laura isn't silly...... She doesn't do dirty paws at all - she walks along the edges.

 Majika does do dirty paws and likes to help out in the garden

 Lots of new smells for Cinders and Maji. Maybe they are onto a mouse living in the bails of pea straw? It's rather nice how the animals don't go far and like to help me in the garden.


Our cats are retired breeding cats and used to living in their runs, so much so that they never go far when I let them out and often they want back. Not the best photo of Laura here - shes just finished licking her self.  Lordy prefers to 100% stay in his run and usually only walks to the wood pile and back. .


 With Freya re-homed, Laura is back to being top cat again and all is well in the cat household. I can't believe the difference this has made.

 Cinders is the happiest with Freya gone - Freya used to really deal to poor old Cinders.  

I was happy working away in the garden with my helpers, thinking Lordy had put himself back to bed - but GASP ..... He had gone on a man cat adventure - The old fella had gone over into the neighbours paddock. I'm so greatful he answered my calling with his little lost meow and he came back when Abbey called. It was quite the adventure for old Lordy.

Linking up to Saturday's Critters

11 comments:

  1. Hello Leanne, I enjoyed this post. Your geese, sheep and all the kitties are so cute.. I could see me getting attached to the sheep..It would be hard not too. Wonderful photos! Thank you for linking up to my critter party.. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. life is never dull around here with so many critters

      Delete
  2. So loved your descriptions of your animal family. Gus is so big and handsome, but I really loved all the character traits of your cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. taking time to know animals is one of my fav things they all have personalities.

      Delete
  3. Couldn't we just spare that sheep? Her eyes! Oh dear! Just this once???

    Please?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we could but it will mean not ever having lambs again and I soo love lambing time. so no I will put my big girl pants on and not get too involved with pink nose but man it is hard

      Delete
    2. No. There is another way. You can have lambs again with a different sheep. This sheep can be spared. We have looked into her eyes. Oh please!

      Wrap your mind around another way. There is one. And it is not too complicated! I have friends who have made that decision! They are so happy about it now! Just hoping!!!

      Delete
  4. Everyone looks so happy out in the garden. Glad you guys got some sunshine, just grey and rainy here.

    Julie and Poppy Q
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was bitterly cold and wet yesterday and the boys were out in it fixing neighbours fence so our sheep can graze in there.

      Delete
  5. love all the critters you have round you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The geese are very regal. Its lovely that your cats keep you company in the garden. Thanks for sharing your animals.

    ReplyDelete

I