Saturday, 19 July 2014

New routine


Friday's are now declared a no study day -  I've been studying really hard starting at 9am finishing at 3.30pm everyday.(feels like homeschooling but it's me this time round doing the study)
 Doing so much study kinda means I've not been doing much else.  I'm currently learning about homebotanicals and having to do case studies which I find really interesting.

 Friday's from now on are a day to clean house, garden or quilt

I'm in a new life stage doing things that I want after being a stay at home, homeschooling mum for 22 years. 
22 years sound like forever but boy it was over in a flash really. I wonder if the next 22 years as a naturopath will go just as fast?
It's rather wonderful  being able to have this opportunity to study and follow my dreams for the next stage in our life. It's also very wonderful and exciting watching the kids on their new paths in life too - some big announcements coming ever so soon on their new journey's


To make the most of my Friday.....my shopping was delivered -which gave me more time to clean house, quilt and get out in the garden!


I wish you could smell the violets they smell so pretty!


I love pottering picking violets - its something you just can't hurry or they all drop.
 I totally take my time it's rather calming and meditative.





I laughed  watching Pink nose eat from the tit bit bin


I enjoy feeding the birds...... even if it costs a fortune to keep the sparrows tummies full in winter -  I call it my cafe fund as if I was into going to local cafe's its the money I'd probably spend drinking cups of coffee.....I'd much rather stay at home or go to a friends house for a  cuppa and  watch these hungry little fellows

" I suppose I am a sparrow, a stay at home Bird"
Gladys Taber




 Nope.... The Tui's still haven't found the feeder....SIGH! 
But the sparrows drink up the sugar  water with red food colouring which is meant to attract the Tui's.

.

The birds soon know when 


 Pinot comes out from his igloo for a close up talk to the birds.



PST - I see some of Gary Tricker Mandalay etching's are for sale on Trade Me., Gary has two of our cats whom are his models.  I just adore his work!

Hope you all get to have fun Friday's too!

18 comments:

  1. it's good to take a day to do exactly what you want. you've earned it. are tuis humming birds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sure is - I'm lucky aye. Tui's are a native to Nz one of my favs.

      Delete
  2. Our birds are hungry too, warmed up soaked bread, left over porridge, they love it all, specially when frosty. Countdown delivery is great, a friend of mine has started with that, and finds it so much easier. Fridays off study, that's the way to go. Cheers,Jean.p.s. birds that come to feed are sparrows, starlings, blackbirds, no Tuis yet, and waxeyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try and get a video of our birds singing - we have thousands

      Delete
  3. Lovely post Leanne. Good on you for having a 'you' day; it sure sounds like you deserve it. So good for the soul. I do like your pink violets - I thought they only came in purple - such sweet smelling flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've apricot ones too but they haven;t flowered yet. It is quite amazing the different colours you can get

      Delete
  4. All Kinds of beautiful photos today Leanne. Keeping Friday as a day for yourself is a very smart way to avoid burnout from school. No matter how interesting a subject is we all need some me time. I used to buy the bird nectar for my family of hummingbirds or hummies as I call them. A couple of years ago I decided to make my own and it almost cost nothing. Just regular one part granulated sugar (do not substitute any other type of sugar as birds cannot digest them) brought to a boil in 4 parts water (distilled if you have lots of minerals) . Cool before filling clean feeder & it keeps for a week in the fridge. Feeder should be washed once a week to prevent spread of disease. In the winter months I save about $8/mth. making my own nectar. Love the cat art too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how I make my sugar water too but we put red food colouring in as meant to attract the tui's - no such lucky yet

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed this post Leanne, good on you for having a day just to do what you wish. Being Mums & giving our time & energy to others is something we love to do, but it can sure eat up any time for ourselves. We have to make the effort to take this time as our children grow into young adults. I have been feeding the birds too ... yep I am a stay at home bird too. No fancy coffees in cafes for me. Hope you have a great weekend - real doozie of a frost here this morning x0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rather good aye. How wonderful I don't meet many other gals who also don't enjoy eating out.

      Delete
  6. Yeah, you really need a "home" day when you're studying, don't you...I'm finding it really challenging juggling study, work (paid-outside-of-the-home employment) home/family life and just time to do crafts and other things, like gardening etc. I did an introductory herbal remedies course years ago and really enjoyed it. Such a interesting and beneficial vocation, one I had plans of following through with..and maybe still will,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it can be a balancing act can't it. Herbs are my love.

      Delete
  7. Hmmm those Tuis don't know what they are missing. To attract the Tuis when we first put the feeder up on the fence I put some cut oranges up on the fence rail as a double attraction. The wax eyes came for the fruit first and I wonder if they told the Tuis because a few days later the first Tui flew in!

    Good luck! Lynley from ordinarygood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynley I think of you every time I put out the sugar water. (I still can't comment on your blog - it is in the too hard basket but I read your posts.) I am putting out oranges this morning. fingers crossed.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for reading along Leanne. I often have challenges getting my comments to post on your blog too!! Wordpress and Blogspot do not seem to like each other much.
      I check your blog every day so I've crossed my fingers that the oranges, the wax eyes and the secret word that goes out to the Tuis will happen for you.
      Our locals are drinking well in this wintery weather.....and we have had a Bellbird singing in the garden early in the morning this week....a wonderful treat.

      Delete
  8. The "at home" day sounds great in your busy life as does the supermarket delivery. I have tuis and white eyes at my nectar feeder here in Whangarei.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it just is pure not fair that the tuis won't come to my feeder.

      Delete
  9. Isn't it nice to be at the end of full time parenting and then rediscovering ourselves and doing what we want? That is why I love this stage of life, it is just so full of goodness! Beautiful post :)

    ReplyDelete

I