Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Morning walk and Guests at Farm Stay


I just couldn't help myself on my morning walk but I had to ask if I could pick out some of those big logs in the bonfire pile and take them home. I had it all planned in my head I'd call my friend M to drive the ute and we would load it up and make as many trips as needed.


GASP lots and lots of wood all stacked ready for burning. The man I asked said  NO vehicles allowed! And no he did not know when the fires would be lit.....mmm... a grouch or maybe just abrupt?  I'll have to put my thinking cap on and work out WHO would be the right person to get permission - This wood squirrel thinks its such a shame to be burning such big bits of wood just to get rid of them.


The days have been so mild and sunny - a bit of a chilly wind today but with warm clothes on and walking one soon gets warm. I'm sure loving the BRIGHT sunny days this winter is giving us. I just LOVE it!

Farm Stay Guests...

Beau and Sienna are enjoying the sunny days too and spending their days in the outside run


They went home today and will be back in a weeks time - I'll have their room ready for them. They will get to meet Ella who is coming to stay too


Pinot is just far too busy bird watching

  and sheep watching to look at the camera.

Hand feeding of sheep is not a good idea it gets you too attached to them plus one has just happened to of got a name - Pink nose. GASP

14 comments:

  1. it's a shame you couldn't get some of that wood. what a waste. i am going to have my first bonfire of the season either tonight or tomorrow. fires are one of my most favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, someone had a vehicle of some kind to get that wood there firstly, and why burn it, giving is one of the nicest things in life,( for me anyway), and firewood left to burn there, not fair at all!!! Just my opinion, I'd take the bike down, and drag it home!!! Cheers,Jean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmm don;t give me such good ideas Jean

      Delete
  3. Getting attached to animals is SO easy to do...I mean is that sheep not adorable? Put on your thinking cap and I'll be watching for how it is you convince someone to let you have some of that wood that is all stacked and ready for burning. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm not meant to get attached to animals we are raising for the pot. I have only named two pink nose and the ram tup

      Delete
  4. Those are stunning cats and that sheep is adorable. Love all the lovely pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I'm a hold and shoot camera girl

      Delete
  5. Oh Leanne, I am with you, it would be a shame to let that wood just go up in flames when it could warm someones home! We have had quite a bit of logging going around us & all the waste just gets burnt, seems a shame some how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think it is the Scotch in me I too hate waste

      Delete
  6. It's probably an insurance thing----someone might get hurt pulling the bigger logs out of the stack----you know how landowners feel they have to cover their backsides against all odds. And I'm sure a good many people would just drag the big pieces out of the piles and leave a big mess that needed to be raked back into place. It is however too bad that the wood can't be salvaged. They could have placed the bigger ones into a flat pile and advertised that it was free for such and such a time period and so made it available to anyone who needed it and was willing to do a bit of work to transport it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do understand they couldn't let every crazy female loose in their bonfire pile. I hope to be there when they do have a burn up whoop whoop

      Delete
  7. People are weird- my guess is a liability issue or they want a huge bonfire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea it will be liability and no car access but I thought they may let ME SMILE giggle. I sure hope to be at the burn up

      Delete

I