Tuesday, 8 July 2014

A whiteout


brrrrr Jack Frost was well and truly here dancing about 


 leaving us with a total white out this morning..


Winter is here - and such a joy to see the snowdrops starting to bloom - I'll try again tomorrow with my photo skills to get better photos.


Gus and Geraldine were not pleased with such an icy morning.


They couldn't get into their paddling pool as it was iced over.


The chicken's water was iced over too- the poor old girls 


The sheep's water trough down in paddock was ok as sheltered from under the trees - I bet the sheep are pleased to have their warm wool - but oooh their little toes must of been cold.


I could really begin to love winter if we have days so crisp and bright like today.


It was beautiful going for my bike ride blowing smoke rings as I rode along 


Back home to a nice warm house with both fires burning away - we are so toasty and warm.

15 comments:

  1. Oh, it is cold down there. Still blowing here but, touch wood, I still have power at present anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the night winds didn't keep you up and you are warm and safe.

      Delete
  2. No frost here, but oh so windy & wet! Our power went out as I went to cook our dinner, lucky we have a big gas burner.
    I remember frosts like that in that 'Naki' & Taupo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our winters are normally dull grey depressing days with wind and rain so I'm loving this winter bright skys yes very chilly but nothing like the wind chill factor we normally get. Hope you have power for your morning shower and cuppa and winds didn't keep you awake all night.

      Delete
  3. We are here in the middle of summer (Missouri) but winter is just around the corner. As much as I love the Spring and Fall, I also love fireplaces!! Looks comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh Missouri I always think of the Lamberts from FIAR. I'm more a lover of being outside than stuck inside.so winter I often struggle with - but not this one it really is soo pretty.

      Delete
  4. i'll be right there! i am so done with this 90 degre weather and horrible humidity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I thought of you this morning thinking Joyce would love to roll in this frost.

      Delete
  5. We are in the heat of summer here in the States, and your frosty morning sounds kind of good right now! Your pictures are beautiful, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet the frosty morning sounds good to cool you down. I'll try again today to get a good photo of the snowdrops - I love snowdrops soo pretty. Have to plant more as not many have come up this year.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you had a typical Marlborough day which is what we didn't have today.. It was freezing all day and basically no sun.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased you got out on the boat yesterday then - maybe it is time you guys moved back here to get our weather SMILE

      Delete
  7. This is such a pretty selection of photos Leanne, great shots! And thank you so much for your birthday greetings. That was very sweet of you and much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What I see...You really need BIG SNUGGLE from kitty like me.
    (((( Warm Cudlles ))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. that fire looks so inviting.....can't wait to ditch these 90 degree days for that crisp winter air!!! (love seeing the snowdrops!)

    ReplyDelete

I