Thursday, 19 June 2014

Yarn along


Abbey has finished her Grace cardigan by Jane Richmond.


The Blocking Mats arrived from America and when she is able she will block her Cardigan. The blocking mats are awesome - they are likea jigsaw puzzle pieces and you just join them up to how ever big you need them.. She got them from Knit Picks - VERY cool!

Books


I'm still on a Deepak Chopra binge. - but not getting as much time to listen as I'd like to.


Don't forget our Give Away (from this blog post)

A copy of Margaret Stove's Lace scarf pattern (which has three scarf patterns to choose from) and one ball of Artisan Fibres Lace which is enough to make one scarf

To enter 


To enter to win simply "like" us on our Cottage Tails facebook page, and become a follower 
comment with what colour yarn you would like to win  
and share the link on face book.

We are going to Petone next week so will draw the winner on Monday 
I'm happy to post world wide.



Linking up to Yarn Along

12 comments:

  1. Abbey's cardigan is beautiful! I love, not only the design, but the color as well. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - she is a neat knitter aye - and the colour will suit here.

      Delete
  2. look at that sweater! it is gorgeous! it is so hot and humid hear that i might have to start knitting scarves. poor yarn! it deserves more than me knitting it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - my scarf must feel neglected I'm just not getting to it.

      Delete
  3. Abbey the craftsmanship of your knitting is great, you must have really good tension. I have never heard of blocking mats so I will check this out, nor have I blocked anything before. In fact, if it's OK with you, I may be in touch with you about blocking as I will need to do something in August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Abbey has lovely even tension - Brent's mum knitted like her. Blocking is very new to me but it makes a big difference. When she blocks I'll ask her if I can learn and write a blog post. I'm sure Abbey will answer any questions you have.

      Delete
  4. Lovely work by Abbey. I do like to see excellent knitting still happening and to know that it's not a lost art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juliet knitting seems to of come back in - there is quite an industry of young mums who are dying their wool and knitting many shared they started knitting young and one of Abbey's idols designed her first pattern at 20

      Delete
  5. Her sweater is gorgeous!! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - my photo doesn't do it justice to think I had one arm tucked up

      Delete
  6. Hello, what a neat sweater!
    I'd select SweetGeorgia Yarns 'Wellspring"!
    Thank You!

    msstitcher1214@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I