Tuesday, 3 June 2014

Queens Birthday










Monday was a public holiday and a beautiful sunny day - I've been a little down and overwhelmed with what life has thrown at us and found the negativity from having to get legal advise just a tad too much. Usually I cope with what life throws our way but maybe it is menopause as its knocked me down or is it from being strong for so long?

I made myself a Bach remedy with Gentian in the mix. Said no to any housework or chores and spent two blissful days in my garden which always raises my spirits. Brent suggested a good old bonfire (he knows me well) and I totally enjoyed my time in the garden and sitting around the bonfire drinking cocoa, toasting marshmallows and eating sausages and trying to see the faeries....

Photo source pinterest


I'm always amazed how it is the little things in life are often the ones that can make you smile..
 It was a lovely surprise seeing these little mushroom/fungi things at the bottom of our garden.

Photo Source Pinterest

13 comments:

  1. nothing like a good bonfire. i can't wait for cooler days because the first thing i will do is build a fire. they are simply one of the things that makes me the happiest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don;t know what it is but gazing into flames sure soothes my soul. I always like to be present for when the bonfire is lit too. (we are having another this weekend weather permitting)

      Delete
  2. Perfect days for bonfires. A bit down, yes, having to be strong in body. mind and spirit for ages takes its toll, maybe I need a bonfire too. Hugh is again in pain, hope a visit to the Dr and next week again to the orthopod will give us some new answers. Our fires are both lit these days, one at night, in the lounge, the other in what I call "My room" although it is shared with everyone, people and cats alike, in the early a.m. Cosy and warm till the sun arrives. Cheers to all, Jean,.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (hhugs ))) watching a loved one in pain is very hard.

      Delete
  3. Sorry you are sad and I'm going to send prayers and positive thoughts to you so everything sorts itself out. When I was a kid I loved bonfires and I cannot remember when was the last time I've been to one!! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I hope you get to a bonfire soonish

      Delete
  4. I hope the bonfire and your easier days have helped you.
    Those toadstools look like Shaggy Inkcaps, although you might have a different version in NZ! We have them in the garden in the autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I went googling Shaggy Inkcaps and I think you are right. I'd love to learn about gathering mushrooms safely - it is on my bucket list.

      Delete
  5. Hope you are soon feeling much more uplifted Leanne. I had a big old burn up here too - great weather for it & no wind to blow it over to the neighbours. I love those little garden signs you have pictured, especially that last one. Wishing you a happier, positive week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, and yes wasn't the weekend lovely - the smoke did indeed go straight up here too - we could of sent smoke signals to one another - smile.

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry you've been a bit down. That two days of working in the gardens sounds like my kind of therapy...and drinking cocoa around the bonfire...what is there not to love!

    I was happy to see Tasha Tudor on your sidebar! What a lady!

    Your pictures are really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - wasn't Tasha Tudor an interesting lady.

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you had a good day and hope what ever troubles you are having will clear up quickly.

    ReplyDelete

I