Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Farm Stay Guests and more trees removed.


I am pleased with this photo of Rosa.- Isn't she beautiful


But this one shows her personality - she is rather a smoochie girl if you are on the right side of her that is



I'm so pleased I don't have a web cam in cattery  - as you would of caught me face down on my tummy calling Jack through the cat flap.


"Hello" says Jack


"What ya doing in there" ??? - " Crazy lady"

Jack came in to say hello and then turned around and went straight back out again. You see it was dinner time and Jacks dinner is usually outside. But tonight I tricked them and tried to get their photos first.

I should of done this too for Beau and Sienna - as when I went to snap their photos they had their nose in their dinner - so I left them to eat in peace.


I was a tad worried about the farm stay guests today as big diggers and chain saws were working close by.



One of our neighbours (on the other side) trees was looking a tad hairy with a lean on & heading our way.We agreed it was time to get rid of this tree before it damaged something .....so while the digger was here we removed it.









It could have hit our house or cattery depending on the wind so best to sort it out before something bad happened - A good job done.


 It was terribly exciting watching the tree come down as it got stuck in the branches of the other trees - but the men are pros and TIMBER down she came. All the time I was worrying about the cats and how they were doing with the noise. But I suppose they were all born here and used to the quiet (Not)rural farm life.
 I flew down to check on them and found I worried for nothing as they were all tucked up on a chair with a hottie each and looking rather happy with life.


The fences have to be put back now and then its time to plant more trees. It looks odd and feels odd without the pines and  the birds are quiet too. But it won't take long to come right - We will replant in natives and use trees that are much more manageable than pine trees.

Brent and James cut down 13 trees last year and these men took out another 25 trees this week. We will help the neighbour take out the rest over the next few years. (No hurry now as these are no threat to buildings)

11 comments:

  1. Lovely cats! They look so contented. I wish we had a cattery like yours near to us.

    Enjoy replanting your tree area. You should have plenty of logs from the felled tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - we try and treat the cattery as how we would like ours cats treated. (plus we bred most of the kitties that come back so they are rather special too) The logs aren't ours they have all gone with the guys that cut the trees down - as they were the neighbours trees. A lot of work for the men.

      Delete
  2. Glad the trees are down as it was rather windy this evening.

    Leanne, I wonder if you need to try some different settings on your camera? I think you are using automatic focus, it is giving you blurry photos of the cats. I have a pet settings and some others that I play with so mine are not so blurry, although it doesn't always work.

    I love seeing your visitors, they all seem so happy to be staying with you all again.

    Julie and Poppy Q
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie this will sound silly - BUT I totally forgot to change my settings I will have a go on movement setting LOL. The cats move so fast and get really cross with me when I say hang on I will give you your dinner after a photo...they are clever

      Delete
  3. a good idea to take the trees by your beautiful cottage down! i guess it will take a while to get used to them being gone. i have to take the big one out that my neighbor killed and i am less than thrilled to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even tho I know the trees had to come down - there is an awful feeling around our place now. Hopefully the energy will settle down once we start cleaning up and replanting. This morning is the first day I hear birds singing again - hopefully they will all come back - I'm quite fond of the house sparrow.. Plus once all natives planted the native birds will find us too. But it all does "feel" strange

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photo's of the cats. I suppose you will have firewood to last years now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The men who cut the trees down took away the wood, but there is still plenty more trees that need to come out as way too big - so still free firewood for many years to come.

      Delete
  5. It is a pretty photo! It's good you have the trees away from your buildings now. Our neighbors had loggers come in and thin out their acreage. It really improved the look and should allow some sunlight to get in so other things can grow. They were there for days logging and you can hardly tell anything is gone unless you drive into the woods. Lots of financial benefits too, thousands and thousands of dollars paid for the trees that were overcrowded. They take only the straight trunk so the tops and large branches are left to cut up for firewood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it is nice having more sunlight. Here in NZ you pay to have the trees cut down. But the pines haven;t been maintained and are only any good for firewood.

      Delete
  6. I've got a drum just like yours! I made it myself at a workshop, many years ago. It's got a great sound. I think you are going to love yours.

    ReplyDelete

I