Sunday, 22 June 2014

Before and After


The barn with pine trees before.


The barn with trees gone
Four more pine trees are going down today (Sunday) to the right of the barn.


Shame our barn got damaged before the neighbours pine trees were cut down.


My washing line I think is going to benefit the most.
How wonderful it will be to leave my washing on the line later than 1.30pm in the winter.


The washing line with the pine trees gone.



The bottom paddock before pine trees cut down.


Bottom paddock with pines gone.



The tree fellers will be here for a few days ringing the logs for their firewood business


I think I must of been a woodchuck or a woodsmen in a previous life as I sure love watching the trees fall I listen to when the chainsaws of the men stop and the digger start up then fly outside to watch yelling timber. All very thrilling.

Very sad to think of the poor frogs living in the neighbours pond - she has had the men fill in her pond with the tops of the pines and they will drive over the trees to fill it in.

10 comments:

  1. well, my crazy neighbor just put in an observation deck so he can sit on it and stare into my gardens. after he killed my tree it gave him a clear shot if he raised his deck. so, i now am going to remove the dead tree and build a huge pergola right in front of his view! glad the trees came down for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With your garden I can understand why he wants a view of it

      Delete
  2. You didn't mention the smell of cut pine...ah. and the smell of it burning...your washing may be pine scented but dry for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL the photos weren't all taken on same day bonfires are planned when my washing is in

      Delete
  3. Wow what a difference! I get no sun on my washing line in winter, so it all gets hung in the garage, at least it drys, but no sunshine on it. I love watching tree felling also. I love to gather wood & pinecones, but maybe that is because winter is my fav season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm driving the family nuts with my joy of sun on washing. Snap I'll be out picking up the pine cones I can after men have finished. My kids have fond memories of taking them to archery and me walking around picking up sack full of pine cones - I just can;t help myself but a gather.

      Delete
  4. That is a huge difference. It will be great to get some extra sunshine but will you need to plant some smaller shelter trees on the boundary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is wonderful. We will be replanting with natives - we will miss the privacy but having trees that can not cause damage and are easily maintained when we retire is much better. Plus it will bring more native birds to our garden whoop whoop.

      Delete
  5. Wow...what a remarkable difference! Presently I'm not getting much sun on my line either as my neighbour's trees have grown so much over the years. I'm hanging it on the back porch as it's covered but still gets the morning sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no sun on a girls washing line sure is an issue aye!

      Delete

I