Monday, 2 June 2014

A day in the garden


Oh my the weeds have not waited for me... just as well I actually enjoy pulling weeds. The tomato bushes are all pulled up and ready to go on tonights bonfire.


Harvesting cape gooseberries


harvesting kumera


Laura inspecting the hops which I'll trim back today


Laura is quite the tease with the sheep

  so is Maji.. I miss Molly goat something terrible when I am in the garden but now these two ewes are starting to hang about while I weed for titbits. I'm trying hard not to bond with them. Only a few more months and hopefully we have lambs.


 Maji likes to get right where I work,

Mack doesn't like watching television much - it is rubbish and adverts. He much prefers to gaze into the flames instead.....Perhaps he is communicating with all his ancestors - a game keepers Mastiff in the middle ages or perhaps a Mastiff from even earlier times......

The days have been lovely and sunny here, but nights cold and needing both fires on. Some good frosts in the mornings too brrrrr.... Brent has been covering our lime trees at nights.

It's Queens Birthday holiday today (Monday) so everyone is home and its going to be another sunny day - I'll be out in the garden as soon as the sun is on it.

Linking up to my weekend

7 comments:

  1. Hello! I am visiting from Karen's Weekends and I wanted to stop to tell you how much I enjoyed visiting you today! Your pictures are awesome and I see that we enjoy many of the same things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dianna - warm welcomes - warning the blog can be a tad random at times. Love Leanne

      Delete
  2. i was cutting my grass with my push mower before the sun came up today and thinking of you because it is more weeds than grass! i love it when the nights and mornings are cool. we are way to hot for this early in the year. i hope it does not last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you - I hope your summer heat doesn't last too - then that will mean our winter is short too. Isn;t that terrible of me

      Delete
  3. Who's that good looking boy in the last pic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he's having a birthday this month - he will be 10 - we must have a party for him - don't you think?

      Delete
  4. Oh yes, birthday sausages, balloons to pop and Mack gets to have his own cake, not to share with any poodles LOL

    ReplyDelete

I