Thursday, 8 May 2014

Yarn Along


It's been such fun watching Abbey knit her cardigan  - it is made on circular needles working from the top (neck) down and is seamless so she knits the fronts and back all at once.
Imagine no seams to sew up!.
It's awesome too as she can try it on for length and make any adjustments as she goes.


The pattern is Grace by Jane Richmond.


She's up to the sleeves which are done on DPN's - double pointed needles.- again no seams to sew up how brilliant!


Linking up to Yarn Along.

Reading....


This is what I'm spending all my spare moments on and what has been taking me away from blogging, I promise life will settle back down to a normal rhythm once my last assignment for year one is in.Then I'll be into year two - I can't believe it.

17 comments:

  1. knitting, that is a super pattern and more super model and knitting!! Love the no seam design too, And books, perfect for a wet day, but guess they are for every day. Cheers, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no seam knitting is such fun! Yes everyday reading but I'm wagging this weekend.

      Delete
  2. what a gorgeous sweater and the color is dreamy! i have a pile of knotted yard sitting right nest to me. why do i ever think i can roll this into a ball on my own?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do admire people who can knit these lovely creations. The pattern and color are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I jest that I taught our dd all she knows... she will tell you differently

      Delete
  4. How fascinating. I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kath it is really fun watching her knit a cardy all at once on needles.

      Delete
  5. Abbeys cardi is lovely, such a pretty colour, and I love no seams too!! Don't wear yourself out on that study, sounds like you are doing so well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty colour aye. I'm wagging this weekend.

      Delete
  6. The back yoke is lovely! It's intriguing looking at the four dpns on the sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's like she is knitting socks for her sleeves such fun to watch

      Delete
  7. Great knitting Abbey! Gosh you have some intense reading there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes my brain sore so wagging this weekend

      Delete
  8. love the sweater, I've had my eye on that pattern for some time. Looks like a fun knit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbey said it is a fun knit but a bit boring all plain once the yoke is done. She is really pleased with it.

      Delete
  9. Love the sweater. Wow, how great to have no seams to sew in the end.

    ReplyDelete

I