Monday, 12 May 2014

Mother's day


We cancelled Mother's day at our place and plan to do it next week since I was over and out from the bee sting - bee stings make me sleep and sleep and sleep. What a shame as we had a lovely picnic planned and it was a BEAUTIFUL sunny weekend!
Abbey said I just had to open my gift from her as it will expire.
She gave me more koigu wool for my scarf I'm knitting - squeal all purple!


And yes it would of expired LOL - if she had waited another week as the extra purples (I so love purple) she brought need to be knitted in now.


I just love my Monet scarf - it is knitting up beautiful.


 The kids wound my wool into balls on Abbey's new toy a swift!

Yep even James wound one ball for me - he is like me and swifting is not for us - I'd rather buy my balls of wool all wound for me.




I'm soo in love with the name Unicorn Tails for the little itty bitty skeins of wool that is just being released.

 
 They are by Madelinetosh and don't they sound and look so much fun!

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's day - and lucky me I get to celebrate it all over again next weekend as we are going on a picnic and then apple picking that is if I'm not stung by a bee,,,,

Movie



We hired a DVD Saving Mr Banks the story of how Walt Disney obtained the rights to Mary Poppins. A lovely story well worth watching  and Tom Hanks who plays Walt does a fab job! 4/5

8 comments:

  1. what wonderful yarn. i am still untangling mine. i really need to always use my swifter! james sure is handsome with his new haircut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do tangled yarn ever! We think his hair will grow back into tight tight curls - I still can't believe he went and shaved his head

      Delete
  2. Happy Mom's Day! Sorry about your bee sting. Take care and enjoy Mom's day next week. Kit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ta I always love making things last GIGGLE.

      Delete
  3. Hey James, don't tell your Mum I said this but you look like a young James Dean in that photo. Have a look here and you'll see what I mean: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LQL6PGfxqaM/Tvs0-pQufPI/AAAAAAAAAgQ/RykjTh3UIyQ/s1600/james-dean.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you have caused much fun and teasing in the family giggle giggle

      Delete
  4. Your wool is lovely but I have to say the new look James is the star of the show. From teenager to handsome young man. WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SMILE - nice and respectable with short hair. I got an awful shock when he came home from and errand for me - to find he had stopped in at the barbers and SHAVED his head - his hair has grown since then.

      Delete

I